41

Chapter 41- A sudden crisis
Three days passed by without any issues and all was peaceful. And so, Wen Jiexi didn’t pay any more mind to the two schemers. After all, she wasn’t about to let her acting get affected because of two random people who appeared in her life. If they didn’t try to hurt her, she doesn’t care what they do. Instead, she focused on completing the missions.

Because so many of her scenes were passed in one take, Wen Jiexi received a lot of points in reward. In just a short period of time, her golden mission had already reached 80% and there was still over half a month left, meaning she could save up some points to use for herself.

Furthermore, Wen Jiexi’s performance satisfied Dango’s agenda as well and the little ghost even encouraged Wen Jiexi to take things slowly and not to be so anxious. Dango even advised they go out and play which caused Wen Jiexi to not know whether to laugh or cry.

However, she was stuck on one scene during one of the last few days. It was the same scene from her audition. Even after three takes, she couldn’t satisfy the director and the Director shook her head and told Wen Jiexi to come back tomorrow. With no other choice, she had to beg Sister Su to help her out.

She never expected that conveying expression with her eyes was more difficult than she thought, especially if one couldn’t move their facial muscles. Even the best actress or actor would at least need a year or two to act without moving their facial muscles, let alone Wen Jiexi who only had a short time to do so. So she could only exchange 6,000 points for an elementary acting skill book. The results were instantaneous and she passed the scene easily. She was even praised by Director Xie for a long time who said she made great progress in just one night’s worth of practice.

Wen Jeixi could only smile bitterly at that. Although technically she had worked hard to earn those points and buy the skill book, she felt conflicted that her achievements resulted from skill books and not her own ability. She also didn’t expect that using only one elementary acting skill book would allow her to obtain such great results. However, she guessed that the skill book was probably equivalent to one year of a hard-working actor’s acting experience. As for the intermediate and advanced skill books, she would have to wait until her level is high enough to buy it and earn as many points in the meanwhile.

Today, the atmosphere was dreary and gray as last night’s showers caused a fog to settle in. Director Xie was very excited by this change in weather and gathered everyone, saying they were going to film the ‘secret realm scene’.

This ‘secret realm scene’ is titled ‘The mystery in the mist’ in the script. Although it is written as a secret realm, it is actually a small pocket dimension hidden in the fog. The pocket dimension holds countless treasures but whether or not a character could find the entrance to the dimension, however, depends on one’s luck.

Of course, the male and female leads had all the luck in the world and while visiting the Tieshanbao Sect, they stumbled upon a secret entrance to the pocket dimension. The entrance was opened and a large number of cultivators rushed to explore this mysterious realm for treasure. However, this mysterious secret realm was actually a legacy left by one of the Demon Sects. The male protagonist just happened to stumble upon an inheritance of cultivation and techniques left behind for a worthy heir of demonic descent. This secret realm was also where the first step in the relationship between the female lead and the male lead was taken.

Wen Jiexi, as the Right Protector, also entered the realm but not for treasure hunting. She couldn’t care less about those low-level artifacts. Instead, she was looking for the fog spirits that created the mysterious fog. The spirits were not only unique and something of the legends, but no one had managed to catch one before. The reason was not that the spirits are strong but that that they were very fast and their physical bodies blended in with the fog. Their bodies were only about the size of two palms and their hair was all white so it was like searching for a needle in a haystack. And of course, it wasn’t the Right Protector who wanted a fog spirit but her boss who felt bored and wanted to ‘try playing’ with one.