24

Chapter 24- A crazy fan base is created by the new commercial?!
Wen Jiexi wiped her hair as she looked around the empty dormitory. The dorms had become like a ghost town ever since everyone has gone home for the holidays, but she’s gotten used to it after a few days. Li Lingmeng was also nowhere to be found as she had recently been haunting the library, looking for books related to being a movie star’s assistant and checking information about the entertainment industry online. She kept extensive notes in her books and her energy made Wen Jiexi feel lazy and useless in comparison.

Yesterday, Zhao Ya called and told them in a happy tone that the father-son pair from the Ma family was dismissed. Apparently they were caught trying to destroy Team One’s work while they were gone, but because of Wen Jiexi’s earlier warning they had backups planned long ahead of time.

They had caught everything on camera too because Zhao Ya had installed a camera right behind her computer screen. She had wanted to see if the Ma family really had the guts to do something. Furthermore, the father and son pair went through every team member’s computer in case there were backups saved. Could it be said that they were really careful or really desperate? Anyhow, it was a good thing that Zhao Ya saved it on her home’s personal computer or else she really would’ve had to ask Jiexi for her copy.

The next day, seeing the proud and content faces on the father-son pair crumble when they handed over their products really made one’s heart feel refreshed. Then with the solid evidence and the perfectness of Zhao Ya’s commercial, the company decisively fired the father and son duo. In the end, the company decided to use Wen Jiexi’s version and this caused Miss Qiu to throw a temper tantrum. However, just like Zhao Ya said, the company cared about profits more and put their best interests first. It was only losing one investor, so in the end, the entire Miss Qiu matter was swept under the rug.

“Jiexi, the golden monthly mission has reopened! Time to start working hard again!” Dango flew excitedly around Wen Jiexi and reminded her.

“Already?” Wen Jiexi raised an eyebrow. Recently she was able to earn around 4,000 extra points to spend in the shop without the monthly mission draining her points away, but now it looks like she won’t be able to hit that 5,000 mark.

Wen Jiexi called out the panel and looked at the missions laid out before her. The blue missions were already accepted for her by Dango, but there, at the very top, a yellow mission had appeared.

[ Sign a contract with an entertainment company, please meet one of the options below:

Sign a contract with a first-tier entertainment company (Reward: 5000 points)
Sign a contract with a second-tier entertainment company (Reward: 2000 points)
Sign a contract with any other company that does not meet criteria 1 or 2 (Reward: 1000 points)
Please choose one of the options above after accepting the mission. (Accept/Decline)]

“Dango….this is…..” This was completely different from her usual missions. If it wasn’t running, exercising, or playing basketball, it was usually saving people, or helping a little girl find her lost cat. Her missions had little variety and this mission was completely different.

“Well, you see, at the start of each new month, the missions will change according to the contractor’s change in life. Therefore, the missions you see are slightly different due to your recent events.” Dango patted its stomach and then continued,

“A better way to explain this is that the Jiexi from before was just a student, so you had a lot of free time to do missions that involved things like running and exercise. However, after you shot that commercial, you now have a status as an artist. With the status of student and artist, you will now have double the amount of missions with a different variety.”