19

Chapter 19- Finally signed the contract?!!
“Alright, since everyone here knows the purpose of our discussion today I won’t say much. How about we skip to the main topic at hand?” Zhao Ya took a sip of coffee and asked. She saw that Li Lingmeng froze and hurriedly waved her hand,

“Of course you can continue eating while you listen.”

“No, no, business comes first.” Li Lingmeng waved her hand and pushed her waffle meal aside. Zhao Ya didn’t say anything and picked up the leather briefcase Lin Youjia had put onto the table. She took out the contents inside and set it neatly on the table,

“As you can see in this photo, this is our newly launched product line. Here is a set of shorts, a short-sleeved shirt, some pants, a jacket, and two pairs of shoes. First we will be doing a photoshoot and then put it in our magazine. We’ll save the commercial for last. I’ve seen you play basketball already so our plan just has you act naturally. We will find a few people to play with you and all you have to do is be yourself. Then from that, we’ll pick out the parts we like and make a short video. Here is the prepared contract.” Zhao Ya briefly went over the details of the job and then placed a page of terms and conditions in front of Wen Jiexi.

“If she plays basketball with other people, won’t her face get blocked by the bodies?” Li Lingmeng asked, scratching her chin.

“That is inevitable, so we’ll set up a 360 shooting set, with cameras on all sides. We also have a professional editing team so we’ll definitely be able to capture everything.” Lin Youjia explained.

“Can you tell me why you picked me of all people? Sorry, but based on your company’s standards there should’ve been a lot of candidates jumping for the job. Why did you choose me? Even if you watched my game, that seems a bit far-fetched.” Wen Jiexi lightly slid her hand over the contract.

“You have seen plenty of our sports advertisements, right? They all tend to be the same, with nothing new in them. Most of them are just close up of our products, which can’t really capture the public’s attention. This time, however, we hope to highlight our new line of products and bring out their distinguishing qualities. We think if we only do something simple like jogging, this goal cannot be achieved. So we thought it would be better if we do something more intense and give off a more stimulating and exciting feeling. For something like this, it undoubtedly requires some amazing physical strength and endurance. However, it’s a pity that out of all of the candidates so far, they were either not clear about our goals or didn’t have the physical endurance and strength we needed….we also feel pretty helpless about our situation.” Zhao Ya clarified. Recalling it now, those horrific moments were truly too unbearable to watch.

“So it’s like that…” Wen Jiexi nodded and then attentively looked through the contract in front of her. Line by line, each detail of the job and each condition was written out carefully.

“As for the schedule, because you are a student, we will like to do the shooting for the commercial during a holiday. As for the photoshoot, we would like to shoot on the weekdays when you have the time. We are hoping to finish the shoot within two weeks.” Zhao Ya pointed at the schedule she was referring to in the contract.

“If you guys are short on time, I have time in the afternoon the day after tomorrow. Will doing a photoshoot during that time be okay?” Wen Jiexi thought about it and asked.

“Of course. The photoshoot for the magazine can be done in one afternoon, and then all that’s left will be the commercial.” Zhao Ya nodded. The sooner they could finish this, the better. After all, the deadline was approaching fast. And if they were unable to use Wen Jiexi, they will have to find another candidate.