46

Ch 46- Didn't we agree to trust in each other?!
The war on the internet showed no signs of dying, instead, it got more and more fierce and the scandal did not leave the 'trending' section during the entire ordeal

According to Sister Xue, many companies had their own group of paid internet users that were ordered to keep the flames going. When it looked like the flames were dying, they would immediately set off the sparks again, turning black to white as they distorted the truth. The crowds were divided into two main sides and they scolded each other relentlessly. And as long as one person stepped out, a few hundred would follow and the cycle just kept continuing.

Wen Jiexi no longer paid any attention and focused wholeheartedly on shooting the film, but the atmosphere among the cast and crew had become tense. In the first place, the cast didn't interact with the crew much and only nodded when they met. Now, the relations have degraded to a freezing point and it was already considered turning a benevolent blind eye if they brushed by a crew member without saying anything. Of course, this awkward behavior was only between actors from Guanghua and the crew from Xingle.

Wen Jiexi also noticed that the scenes that included Guanghua actors kept getting delayed. One could not tell if this was an intentional or unintentional mistake by the filming crew, but it seems that apart from a few simple scenes none of the important scenes were being filmed.

"Well, that's a given. It's because we don't know who among the actors from Guanghua have participated in this mess. If they were sent to court afterward, then they cannot stay here and finish filming their part. I even heard that the crew are privately looking for new actors to replace them." Chu Heling answered after Wen Jiexi asked her.

"I thought we had to wait for the verdict before deciding anything." Wen Ting remarked as she tilted her head.

"If we waited for the verdict to be passed, then this drama might as well stop filming. If one of our actors winds up in jail, it will heavily influence our drama's ratings and reviews." Chu Heling said.

"Since things have long since blown out of proportions, there will be many anti-fans who will criticize the film so it will not be impossible for them to use the fact that one of our actors is in jail to their advantage." Li Lingmeng said and drank a sip of water. These past few days, she has studied up some knowledge about the workings of social media. She learned that one should not look only at the process but at the end goals as well. A black stain did not necessarily mean failure, but that one had to work towards an end where the gains outweigh the loss. This was work that assistants and agents must for their company and artists.

"And we already spoke up for Jiexi! Aren't we great friends?" Lan Yuyan patted his chest proudly and laughed.

"Yes, yes, thank you very much." Wen Jiexi said with a smile. The people standing in front of her had gone public to speak up for her and they themselves were subjected to an influx of haters and anti-fans. However, both Chu Heling and Yan Haocheng had a stable foundation so that a few more anti-fans only felt like a tickle to them as they have already gone through even tougher storms.

But Lan Yuyan and Wen Ting received harsher treatments. Since the netizens couldn't insult Chu Heling and Yan Haocheng, they moved over to the two newcomers' Weibo to quarrel. Furthermore, neither of them was like Wen Jiexi who had filmed an advertisement before so they had no accomplishments to speak of and they were easy targets for the trolls. But, those two said they didn't give a damn about those hurtful comments on their social media. According to their words, since they know the truth and are just stating the facts, what were they afraid of? Can the anti-fans and trolls fly through the screens and physically beat them up? No! So why should they feel afraid? To these sentiments, Wen Jiexi felt both amused and moved at the same time.