52

Ch.52- A crisis even after going through the checkpoints?!
Shuuaaa!

Wen Jiexi rushed to the front of a jewelry store. Except for in shopping malls, there were very few places that sold gems of any kind other than places like a jwewlery store. If it weren’t for the fact that Huo Lin’er just happened to pass by this store when she had visited that one time, they wouldn’t have known there was a gem-related store near here at all.

The frame of the door creaked open….and a few people looked up lazily from the counter.

“Ah….finally you’re here, we’ve been waiting for so long….” The man greeted Wen Jiexi sleepily. From his words, she concluded she had come to the right place.

“I have the token right here.” Wen Jiexi said without waiting for the man’s next sentence.

“Yeah, I got it….” The man gave it a glance but he didn’t seem as excited as the masters of the other two checkpoints and stood up lazily before walking to the back.

Wen Jiexi saw that the other staff were leaning against the counter, looking just as sleepy as the first man as they propped their cheeks in their hands. The production crew here was just a little too strange….

Several cardboard boxes were moved from the backroom. There were over ten of them and each one was padded with a soft cushion. On the soft cushions lay numerous precious gems, all of the red and all of them were a similar size and shined with the same luster. They placed the gems onto the counter, nearly a hundred or so sparkling were now lying there on the glass top. How generous…Don’t tell me….this jewelry store is owned by some hidden tycoon…..that can’t be possible, right?

“This….” Wen Jiexi stammered but the man only glanced at her nonchalantly as he explained slowly.

“The rules of this checkpoint are simple. Here we have a total of 100 gems. 5 are real while the other 95 are counterfeit goods. Pick five gems. As long as one of the gems you pick is real, you pass this checkpoint. Oh, there’s a small reward too if you pass this game….I think about 1000 yuan? The time limit is 30 minutes, you can start now.” The man didn’t wait for Jiexi’s response and pressed his stopwatch as soon as he finished speaking.

So she had to play a gambling game now? But she doesn’t know a thing about appraising gems…

Wen Jiexi picked up two gems and studied them. What’s the difference? Aren’t these two gems the same?

She couldn’t ask for help as the other four are busy making money and even if they could help, did any of them have any knowledge of gem appraisal? Should she bet on her luck then?

“Jiexi, why are you looking at these stones for? They’re all the same~ Just pick five at random. If you get it right, then you win. If you get it wrong, oh well.” Dango came up with a useless idea while watching leisurely from the side.

Stop spewing nonsense….say, weren’t you able to distinguish the prop swords from the real ones last time?

“That’s different. This stuff is really complicated, okay?” Dango twisted its waist in dissatisfaction and then flew over the jewelry.

“Just use your intuition this time! Don’t they say that women have the most accurate sixth senses? Come on, just give it a try Jiexi~”

…..Wen Jiexi decided to ignore Dango.

However, she still considered Dango’s words. Since she couldn’t identify real from fake….might as well just go with instincts. What else could she do?

Ten minutes later, Wen Jiexi finished picking through the gems and reluctantly chose five at random. She carefully placed them on an empty tray and treated them with care, just in case. If any of the gems were the real thing, she would not be able to pay for the damages.