15

Chapter 15- Fail the mission and become female King Kong?!!
After Su Chenyu left that day, Wen Jiexi’s peaceful life remained. She still attended her classes, studied at the library, ate in the cafeteria and wandered around the school triggering more blue and even some yellow missions. Her monthly mission was already at the 90% mark and she felt rather satisfied by this outcome. Finally, she continued to binge-watch the dramas with Li Lingmeng and of course, practiced her basketball!

To understand why Wen Jiexi would practice basketball, one had to go back a few days. As a sophomore, there were many different school activities one could participate in, however, the basketball tournament was one of the more important events. It was further divided into a men’s basketball team and a women’s basketball team.

In Wen Jiexi’s grade, although the gender ratio was roughly equal, most of the girls couldn’t be considered to be basketball players. They could only dribble a bit, but couldn’t shoot the ball, so making any baskets was a big problem for them. There were only a few who could really play, but fortunately, there were enough to form a team of five. Not a large number, but it would suffice.

During this time, Wen Jiexi completely destroyed everyone’s three views of the world. So although in name she was still the ‘sick beauty’, with just a wave of the department head’s hand, Wen Jiexi was able to enter the team. Li Lingmeng was naturally also a member, and the other three players were from different sports clubs who wanted to play basketball as a second sport.

Originally, Wen Jiexi wanted to refuse the offer because she never played basketball before. If she didn’t understand the rules, wouldn’t she just be causing trouble instead? But Li Lingmeng showed her a copy of the other players’ info and pointed at the sports clubs they attended. If you wanted to be nice, you could call them sports clubs, but they were sports not related to playing with a ball at all. Two of them did swimming, the other one danced, so other than maybe their physical fitness is better than the regular person, could they even play basketball with those sports as a background?

Wen Jiexi thought about it, their department’s team was focused on participation, not winning. So she nodded and watched as Li Lingmeng rushed to sign them up. The moment she disappeared from her sight,

“Huh…Jiexi, there’s a yellow mission! A yellow mission with a rich reward has appeared!” Dango exclaimed.

Eh? What?

“As long as you finish first in the tournament, you can get 8000 points towards your monthly mission! As long as you complete this, your golden mission will be done too!” Dango laughed joyfully.

8000 points? Wen Jiexi raised her eyebrows. That amount won’t be easy to earn. There were dozens of different departments in her school and each department must send out at least one team. If they lost a game, that was it, there was no possibility of a comeback. After all, an elimination tournament was much faster. She calculated that she needed to win at least six games to reach the championship. However, the number of games wasn’t a problem. Her biggest problem is that she didn’t know how to play basketball. Plus, adding on the three other unreliable teammates, although talking about it was easy, actually winning the championship was not. Furthermore, don’t forget about the sports department. It wasn’t there just for show, they were carnivores that devoured the weak.

If one thought about it, an average yellow task was around 1500 points. Those tasks were easy and she just needed a few more, she didn’t want to fight to the death. She remembered that the richer the rewards, the harsher the punishments. Wen Jiexi didn’t want to take any risks, for if she failed, she would be finished.

However, it’s a pity that every party will have a pig teammate. Besides her, Dango smiled happily,

“Jiexi, I saw that the reward was very high so I accepted it for you, hehe!” Dango wore an expression that seemed to say ‘Praise me! Quickly praise me!’ while looking at Wen Jiexi. In its mind, as long as there is a yellow task, Wen Jiexi will accept them all and she will definitely complete it, 100% guaranteed! Dango had the utmost confidence in its contractor so seeing that rich reward that makes one drool, Dango automatically accepted it.