62

Ch.62- You tricked the host?!
Just as Old Zhan said, they could only accept their fate and obediently play the game. They decided they will just play the game as quickly they can and get it over with. Unfortunately, Old Zhan seemed to have seen through their unwillingness and took out a few cardboard boxes and then pointed at them,

“We have ten players but there is only one king. Inside are ten balls numbered 1 to 9 and a red ball that represents the king. And then…well, the king just says a number and then draws a piece of paper from this box over here. On it will have instructions for what order the King must make. For example, I’m the kind and then I say numbers 3 and 5….” Old Zhan took out a slip of paper and opened it.

“Kabedon! Then as the king, I get to say who gets to press the other person against the wall. Alright, do you understand?”

Everyone else: …..No, wait, wait, why was the first slip taken out a ‘Kabedon’?? We have a feeling that none of the contents in that box is normal!!!

“Don’ worry, we have enough to let you guys play until dinner~ But don’t get too caught up in the game and forget yourselves~”

Everyone: Who would get caught up in this stupid game!

“Ah~ That’s right~ Some tasks may be the same but don’t pay attention to that~ You can start now~” Old Zhan said with a smile. Then a staff member from the crew placed some popcorn from who knows where into Old Zhan’s arms as the old man crossed his legs and started to chew on his popcorn leisurely as he watched them.

Everyone: You’re treating us like a movie to pass the time with! How hateful! Come over here, you bastard! We promise we will not kill you!

“We have no other choice, might as well play the game. We can’t swim anyway.” Uncle Mu Du shrugged and took the lead to draw a ball. With him taking the lead, the others followed and drew their own numbers.

“Who’s the king?” Wen Jiexi’s ball had the number 3 written on it and she looked around the group.

“Me!” Huo Lin’er raised her hand and rubbed her hands nervously. She didn’t expect that she would be the first one to be the king. She looked at everyone hesitantly.

“Number 5 and number 9….” Then she grabbed a slip from the other box….

“Uh…must compete in a race…?”

“Race?”

“Are they going to run?”

While they were puzzled, the production crew rushed out with three of them carrying bamboo poles as they quickly completed a simple sand running course. It was about a hundred meters in sight and there were two people at the end who were holding up a red ribbon.

“….They’re really prepared….” Wen Jiexi said and rubbed her nose.

“Who’s number 5 and 9?”

“Me!” Two voices sounded at the same time. It was the sunny boys, Shi Junmao and Lan Yuyan! A duel between two suns?

“Come, come, let’s have a good race!” Lan Yuyan didn’t seem nervous as well and ran to the starting line excitedly as he waved at Shi Junmao.

“Hehe, I won’t lose!” Shi Junmao also seemed eager to start.

“Then I will be the referee.” Mu Du, infected by the energy of the two youths, walked to the side and raised his hands.

“Ready…set….go!” He chopped his hand down furiously.

Whoosh—

The two charged forward and ran with all their might. In a few blinks of an eye, they had crossed the finish line. The speed was similar but there was a slight difference and Lan Yuyan won in the end. Of course, most wouldn’t be able to tell with just the naked eye, but the red ribbon fluttering against Lan Yuyan’s waist served as irrefutable proof.