47

Ch 47-The curtain drops, a new show begins?!
And so the matter of Zhong Liwen and Ye Xinxin came to a conclusion. Many of those involved were sent to prison. During this time, Zhong Liwen’s actions have been criticized three times over.

People who were ruined previously by her or who had withdrawn from the entertainment circle because of her came out crying. Many more of her victims stepped forth but those who were committed to mental hospital or have committed suicide could no longer be helped. People couldn’t help but sigh at this. Everyone can be ruthless sometimes, but this heavy-handed ruthlessness was rare to see. However, this did show that Ye Xinxin was rather an insignificant pawn in all this and her charges were a lot lighter than Zhong Liwen’s.

Wen Jiexi didn’t know what the final verdict was, but Xue Molin told her this was something she should not focus on. Sister Xue assured her that these people will be punished to the full extent of the law but that Wen Jiexi should only focus on filming the drama instead.

In the end, her number of fans have also increased with the end of this matter. With a little more than two million followers, she can now be considered as a small-time star.

Che Helign and Yan Haocheng also gained a few more fans but Wen Ting and Lan Yuyan….the two that have been scolded and cursed so badly before now reaped their reward. They only had about a few hundred thousand fans before but that number immediately skyrocketed to around one million after the truth came out. They can be said to be the biggest winners of this incident.

During this period, Wen Jiexi received many phone calls of which the most important were from her mother, father and brother.

“Hello, Mom? What’s up?” Wen Jiexi barely slipped out these words when Tan Yanshi’s worried and anxious voice sounded out.

“Little Xi! I accompanied your dad on a business trip a few days ago and didn’t expect something this big to happen while we were gone! How are you feeling? Are there any problems? Do you have any injuries? Do you need mom and dad to come to see you?! Wen Linshu, that brat! I told him to take good care of you! How is this taking care of you?! I will force him to kneel and repent for this when I return!”

Wen Linshu: I’ve been wronged! I’m dealing with this very seriously! As a dignified adult and a bigshot President, you want me to kneel and repent?! My mother is so powerful!

Tan Yashi: Do you have any complaints?

Wen Linshu: No, QAQ! Even if I did, I’m holding it back….

“No, no, mom, calm down, nothing happened to me. I’ve gotten away with no injuries at all. In fact, the other people involved ended up much worse than me.” Wen Jiexi said quickly to reassure her mother. However, her heart was full of warmth at her mother’s words. In times of danger, the worry and condolences from the family are the best kind of comfort. Now she really understood what Su Chenyu said before about the people who would be most worried for her is her family.

“That’s because they deserved it. Letting them off without forcing them to experience the same pain tenfold they inflicted on their victims is already letting them off lightly. Linshu, that child, is just too soft-hearted.” Tan Yashi said coldly and then paused. Fearing she might’ve scared her cute little daughter,  her tone immediately changed back to the normal gentle tone.

“Little Xi, you really don’t need mom and dad to visit you? We’re worried for you, you know?”

“Really, there is no need, I am fine. You’re busy with work, don’t worry about me. I will take good care of myself. Sister Xue and Little Meng also take very good care of me….” She suddenly felt a heavy gaze on her and turned around. There was only Su Chenyu in the room but her head was down while she read her script. So where did the heavy gaze come from? She scratched her head and then continued,