42

Chapter 42- A disaster you brought onto yourself
Real swords?!

Hearing Dango’s words, her pupils shrank and she did a quick backflip to avoid the longer swords.

She may have better boxing and martial arts skills than ordinary people, but even she couldn’t tell which sword was real and which was fake in this dense fog. However, she was not about to lie there and take it! She would have to go all out!

Eyes narrowed, she saw a crowd of swords coming at her. Might as well attack first!

Wen Jiexi rushed into the crowd like a leopard, turning into a blur. Everyone watching on the side was stunned by this development but did not hear the director yell ‘cut!’. That could only mean that the actors were ad-libbing and the Director had tacitly agreed to it.

With a slight twist of her hands, she chopped down on two swords lunging towards her and the swords broke easily. Fake! She kicked the two men onto the ground and watched three more swords try to stab at her.

Wen Jiexi grabbed the sash around her waist, her red Hong Ling. Fortunately it was not just a flimsy piece of decoration and was made of very strong material to prevent possible ripping. After practicing with it so many times, she could handle the sash almost like a whip.

With Wen Jiexi’s superior control, the Hong Ling wrapped around one person’s hands and forced the attacker into the air. As he was flung into the air, she punched at his abdomen with one palm and quickly knocked him to the ground. At the same time, she stepped on his fallen sword. Ka….still fake.

The other two attackers came at her but she firmly stopped them by the wrists and twisted their arms. She lightly placed her thumbs against the swords and then used a little of her strength. One sword broke at just the contact while the other caused her to extend more effort to break. Then she flung the two men back against the stone walls. Wen Jiexi looked down and saw some blood ooze out from the scratch she received. She had found one of the real swords.

“Jiexi, you’re injured!” Dango said in a panic.

I’m fine…just a scratch. Wen Jiexi stuck out her tongue and gently licked the wound to stop the blood, but her eyes stared straight at Ye Xinxin, a dark coldness rising in them.

Ye Xinxin was not in a good state of mind. Her body was trembling and her expression revealed panic and uneasiness. She originally thought that everything would be in her favor. She knew that Wen Jiexi had good skills but she didn’t realize Wen Jiexi could look so ruthless. When Wen Jiexi looked at her with such freezing eyes, her heart began to beat frantically and the hand clenching the hilt of her sword turned frightfully pale. She was afraid that she herself would be hurt by Wen Jiexi’s almost superhuman martial arts but she could only grit her teeth and hope Wen Jiexi didn’t notice anything. Those eyes must be for the sake of acting! Yes, that’s it, that’s what it must be!

Seeing Ye Xinxin’s trembling body, Wen Jiexi sneered inwardly. You cower even though you dare to attack me? The red Hong Ling flashed out in front of her and she tightened around the man’s ankles, causing the attacker to flip 360 into the air and then tumble onto the ground as his sword fell out of his hands. Wen Jiexi took another few steps forward and gently stepped on it…..another real sword.

“All of you, attack! Stop her!” Ye Xinxin yelled.

Even at this moment, she still hasn’t forgotten her lines!

Wen Jiexi raised an eyebrow as four swords came at her from all directions. She jumped up into the air and as the swords collided, she lightly landed on the point of the swords. Then she swept her other foot out and kicked the attackers to the ground while making sure to step on the fallen swords.