68

Ch.68- The consequences of getting tricked are cruel?!
In the end, they took pity and didn’t force Old Zhan to stay in the pit for the entire night. After eating their dinner, they racked their brains to think up a plan to pull their victim out of the pit. It was unavoidable that they would run into a problem. After all, only Old Zhan’s head was above the slime so it would be difficult to pull him out. Dangerous too. If they accidentally break his head or neck when pulling him up then…..with no other choice, they had to grab a shovel and gently dig out the slime as they dragged Old Zhan out.

“Careful, careful!” Old Zhan’s face was green and he looked like he was going to puke. In order to prevent themselves from slipping in, they had to dig slowly and gently. However, the slime is more slippery than they thought as the slime slipped off their shovel multiple times.

With so many hands working, it was a chaotic scene and Old Zhan suffered. One must know, slime has great buoyancy. If it slides and falls into the pit again, and it sinks even further. And he kept slipping deeper and deeper. With all the vibrations, he felt like he was in a mini roller coaster and would’ve vomited already if he didn’t force himself to endure it.

“Well, who told you to set up this weird trap?” Mu Du said angrily, rubbing his arm, then looked at the slime.

“I won’t believe you if you try to claim this isn’t one of your rotten ideas!”

“I…don’t know what you’re talking about~” Old Zhan’s eyes shifted to the side.

“Old Zhan, if you didn’t pause in the middle of your sentence it would’ve been more convincing.” Lan Yuyan poked Old Zhan with a bamboo pole.

“Hmph!” Old Zhan snorted angrily.

Wen Jiexi looked at the bamboo pole in Lan Yuyan’s hand and walked over to the program crew.

“Do you guys have any more of those bamboo poles?”

“Yea, we got a lot here.” The crew nodded and revealed a pile of long and short bamboo poles.

Wen Jiexi took the longest one from the pole.

“Jiexi, what are you going to do with that?” Wen Ting leaned over.

“I wonder if it is possible for Old Zhan to grab this.” Wen Jiexi raised the pole.

“If we use this one, then have him grab on so we can pull him up. Then put this under the armpit and…”

“I think this is a possible solution.” Wen Ting bent down and studied the pole.

“Sister Su-mmf!” Wen Jiexi ran over to Su Chenyu while holding the pole. She opened her mouth to talk when a few pieces of dried meat was stuffed in her mouth.

Su Chenyu looked at Wen Jiexi’s hamster-like cheeks amusedly and felt it was too cute as she couldn’t help but reach out a hand and squeeze those cheeks. She smiled and asked,

“What’s up?”

Gulp…

Wen Jiexi swallowed the meat in her mouth and then reached out to grab Su Chenyu’s hand shyly,

“This…I thought of a solution.” Then she explained what she said earlier.

“I think this will work.” Su Chenyu nodded and said.

“Really!” Although Wen Ting had said something similar earlier, Sister Su’s affirmation made Wen Jiexi fill up with joy.

“Let’s go and discuss it with everyone else.” Su Chenyu patted Wen Jiexi’s head and said.