37

Chapter 37- Goddess Su’s secret check-in?!
The first scene Wen Jiexi was performing in is when she receives an order from the Demon Sect’s Leader. She was ordered to eradicate a medium-sized sect in the Immortal Realm. As for the reason why? Because the Demon Sect’s Leader was unpredictable, his character even more so. When the leader is in a good mood then nothing happens, but when he is not, then the things he might’ve liked a second before would be immediately destroyed and the means he used were unnecessarily cruel. The Right Protector, on the other hand, was very clear and simple in her actions, she never thought unnecessary thoughts or took any unnecessary actions.

So in a way, although the sect is pitiful because they were going to be destroyed because the leader was in a bad mood, it was the simple Right Protector who was the one sent to kill. At least their death won’t be painful. So maybe it was a blessing?

In this scene, there was only Lan Yuyan and Wen Jiexi. Lan Yuyan sat in a chair a few steps above her while she stood below. She was told that later, with the power of CGI and editing, the setting would be turned into a magnificent palace and the ordinary chair that was under Lan Yuyan’s buttocks would become an awe-inspiring thone. She silently sighed in amazement at the advancement of technology.

“Alright, everybody, get in your places! Ready? Action!” Director Xie shouted.

Wen Jiexi, no, the Right Protector, walked slowly and stopped a few steps from the throne (later this would become the center of the Palace). She stared at the leader sitting on the throne, not an ounce of respect on her face and yet not a single emotion in her eyes either. She was completely indifferent.

She kneeled down on one knee, with the palm of her right hand placed on her chest and her head slightly bowed as she awaited her orders.

The leader played with his long hair, his bright red eyes staring silently at the person beneath him. After a while, a strange smile spread across his face and his lips were slightly peeled back as he began slowly,

“So bored….it’s been so calm lately….let’s add some entertainment…at times like these a baptism in blood is required, don’t you think?”

There was no response from the figure below but the leader seemed used to this silence from his number one subordinate. Not to mention, his loyal subject was unable to speak. He continued,

“The Wenjian Sect is to disappear. You should know the rules by now.” The leader said and then a stone appeared in his hands, flying directly into the hands of the Right Protector. The stone was a rare stone that preserved images, a video recorder so to speak. Any time the Right Protector or anyone else, even the leader, is sent out, they would be asked to wear the stone on their belt. As for what it recorded, it was neither pictures of beauties or secrets of the immortals but pure, raw carnage.

After one finished recording, the leader will peruse through it. If not done well or if the murder was not recorded fully, one better hope the leader was in a good mood. Nothing happened if he was in a good mood. If not in a good mood then…congratulations, you have won the chance to have your head moved from your neck.

Oh, of course, this was something humans couldn’t actually do but as long as they made the right motions, editing and special effects will fill in the rest of the gruesome work.

The Right Protector nodded, stood up, and disappeared.

The leader rubbed his chin and then continued to twirl his hair. Looking around the empty hall, he muttered under his breath,

“In this boring world, strength and power can be easily obtained but you can’t do whatever you want with it. Now, what’s the fun in that?”