56

Ch.56- Sister Su’s lap pillow?!
Cluck! Cluck! Cluck!

The panicked croaking of chickens sounded clearly through the clearing while being accompanied by the sound of wings flapping.

Wen Jiexi dodged the chicken who tried to slap her face with its wings and stepped back away from the other chicken that tried to peck her feet with its beak. She felt it was rather peculiar, why were these chickens so good at fighting? Their attacks were a little too scary. Who was it that said chickens couldn’t fly? Explain to her how exactly can a chicken slap her in the face with its wings when she is so much taller than the tiny creatures? Were their jumping abilities just that good?

In order to buy time for Su Chenyu, Wen Jiexi had been running around madly in the enclosure and even risked her life by approaching the hen house and luring away the mother hens who wanted to protect their eggs. The scene was complete chaos and if it weren’t for the fact they were in the middle of nowhere, a crowd would’ve most likely surrounded her to take pictures of this madness.

“Aiya, how annoying.” Wen Jiexi dodged to the right, jumping up and down as she ran away from the chicken. She sneezed a few times and waved away the feathers that itched her face and blocked her vision. At the same time, she also pondered which two chickens to capture while keeping an eye on Su Chenyu who was picking up eggs to the side.

In a moment of inattention….dozens of chickens rushed at her and she narrowly avoided their charge as she rolled to the side. She was really afraid she might accidentally trample these weak animals to death or at least cause a few broken bones. After all, when they crowded together like that, it was hard to even see where her foot was landing.

“Ge! Ge! Ge!” At this moment, the hens finally noticed Su Chenyu stealing their eggs and changed directions to rush at her. And because of their cries, almost all the chicken turned to look at Su Chenyu. Wen Jiexi could practically see the fury of the bigger rooster’s ignite into flames.

“Sister Su, run!” Wen Jiexi yelled. Su Chenyu reacted quickly and since the fence was only two to three steps away from the henhouse, she directly hopped over the waist-length fence behind her. She had already picked up more than a dozen eggs. She wasn’t going to act excessively to the point where she wouldn’t leave until she stole all the eggs. She knew when to quit.

Seeing Su Chenyu on the other side of the fence, the chickens could only cry loudly at her but couldn’t do a thing.

At the same time, Wen Jiexi pounded from behind the chicken flock and reached out to grab two of the fattest chickens that she had set her sights on. She then jumped over the fence before the rest of the flock could react.

“Cluck! Cluck!” The two chickens struggled fiercely in Wen Jiexi’s hands but they couldn’t do anything as their fragile necks were grasped tightly in an iron grip. Their beaks and claws couldn’t reach their assailant and what’s the use of flapping their wings?

Uh…what should I do next? I can’t call Sister Su over and ask for her to knock them out. I can technically kill these two with just one pinch but that seems a little too cruel…and I have to take them back alive!

After a few moments of hesitation, Wen Jiexi knocked the two struggling chickens’s heads against each other. The two chickens immediately fell unconscious without any obvious injuries. They might have a concussion but Wen Jiexi couldn’t care too much about that right now. She put the two no longer moving chickens onto the ground and tied them up tightly with her rope. This way they wouldn’t be able to run even if she looks away.

“Sister Su, how are your gains?” Wen Jiexi asked after tying the chickens up and raised her head.

“12 eggs.” Su Chenyu said after counting the eggs in her basket.