77

Ch.77- Who is the protagonist of the banquet? !

The protagonist under the spotlight is wearing a sexy black evening dress, the white skin contrasted nicely against the white light and made people’s eyes brighten from the sight. Not only was her clothes and figure beautiful, her delicate face was something everyone here is familiar with. 

“I-I….Sister Su?!!” Wen Jiexi almost screamed as she held Li Lingmeng’s arm. 

“Wait, wait, Little Xi! If you keep grabbing my clothes like that you’re going to tear it!” Li Lingmeng pulled her clothes, trying to calm Wen Jiexi. With Wen Jiexi’s strength, her clothes might soon get torn into rags! And she had no desire to expose herself in public like that! And she was surprised too! 

“Calm down, I told you this is a party to celebrate the birthday of the Su family’s granddaughter, didn’t I?” Xue Molin patted Wen Jiexi’s shoulder and no matter how you looked at it, her face was one of a person gloating at another’s misfortune. 

“Sister Xue, you knew all along.” Wen Jiexi looked at Xue Molin, Chu Heling and Li Lingqing, and immediately realized that these three knew all along! They had just wanted to see her reaction! These villains actually kept such a big secret from her! And Sister Su also kept it from her! Sister Su is the biggest villain of them all! 

“Wow, it turns out that Goddess Su is so awesome! How dominating! With her status, she can call the wind and summon the rain in the entertainment circle!” Li Lingmeng laughed and said. (T/N: call the wind and summon the rain = to cause trouble and big things to happen easily.) 

“Pfff- If she heard you say that, she would definitely glare at you. She really hates it when others think she relies on her family’s status to rise to the top. Everything she has accomplished she has done so with her own two hands! The role model of our generation!” Chu Heling smiled and pinched Li Lingmeng’s cheeks. 

“Ai, hehe.” Li Lingmeng chuckled embarrassedly. Really, it’s not her fault that she subconsciously connected Goddess Su’s status with her accomplishments. En, looks like her thinking is a little to ridgid, she will need to self reflect later. 

“However, Little Xi is the actual amazing one here. You gotta have some skill to be able to hook up with someone that cool.” Li Lingmeng gave Wen Jiexi a thumbs up and smirked.

“D-Don’t say such nonsense!” Wen Jiexi blushed and hmphed. 

At this moment, Su Chenyu took the microphone from Old Man Su’s hand. Unlike when facing everyone else, the old man actually smiled at Su Chenyu. Although the smile was somewhat dull, it at least let everyone see how much importance they attach to Su Chenyu. 

“Thank you very much for coming to this banquet. I am Su Chenyu. I don’t think I need to introduce myself, so I’ll let everyone return to enjoying the party.” The cold voice sounded out and only said a few words but those few words made everyone feel intoxicated as they wanted to drown themselves in that silky smooth voice. However, they dared not to act presumptuously towards this woman as the woman on stage is not someone they could afford to offend. 

Even with her reputation as the nation’s Goddess, very few people tried to actively kidnap the woman into their beds. However, without expectation, every single one who did try either went bankrupt or ended up in jail. Thus, everyone collectively decided to never try to chase after this elusive Goddess. Now, it turns out she was actually the heir to the powerful Su family.