34

Chapter 34-I seem to have encountered the wrong cast?!
By the time they came back to the hotel and put their things away, most of the crew had gotten up. The crew prepared the set while the cast gathered in groups of two or three to chat about the film. The atmosphere was completely different from the previously tranquil atmosphere outside.

“Little Xi, you and Goddess Su went out early?! I went to find you but nobody was in your room and you didn’t answer the phone. I was so worried, you know?” Li Lingmeng was talking to Lin Yunxi but then went over to Wen Jiexi when she saw them walk in.

“I originally wanted to exercise in my room but then was dragged out by Sister Su for a walk.” Wen Jiexi scratched her head sheepishly. They had gone out early but didn’t expect they would be gone for more than two hours. Furthermore, she had turned her phone on ‘Do Not Disturb’ and didn’t even notice any messages or calls.

“Please remember to give me a notice whenever you leave next time! Just send a message or a call, but don’t give me a heart attack every time I come searching for you, alright?” Li Lingmeng grabbed Wen Jiexi’s cheeks and pulled the tender flesh mercilessly.

“Yessh….sworrry (sorry)….itzz hwurts (it hurts)…”

“Speaking of, why do you call our Goddess, Sister Su?” Li Lingmeng released her hands and whispered in Wen Jiexi’s ear.

“Eh? That’s because Sister Su wanted me to call her that.” Wen Jiexi stiffened and then answered Wen Jiexi’s question.

“Hehe…I’m cheering for you….you really are something….” Li Lingmeng wiggled her eyebrows, patted Wen Jiexi’s shoulder with a smirk, and then ran over towards Lin Yunxi.

“What….wait!” Wen Jiexi scratched her head, what did her friend mean by that?

“Jiexi, why are you staring off into space for? I brought breakfast!” Xue Molin came over with a tray of scrambled eggs, ten meat buns, another large stack of omelets, ten fritters, and a large pitcher of soy milk.

“Come and eat! If this isn’t enough we can still get more! These are freshly made so be careful! They might be a little hot.”

“Oh!” Wen Jiexi no longer paid any mind to Li Lingmeng’s comment about ‘cheering for you’ and immediately took a seat. She had been up since five and had been starving for hours now. She grabbed a pair of chopsticks and plates as she started piling on meat buns and eggs which she happily stuffed in her mouth.

“Little Su, you should hurry over and eat too. As the female lead, you’re going to have many scenes today.” Lin Yunxi waved Su Chenyu over.

Shua…..

The chair next to Wen Jiexi scraped against the floor and it was…. Su Chenyu once again.

There was limited seating in the room, with the two crews combined, there were only about two tables for each film. Each table could arguably fit about 10 to 15 people at a time. However, their table had the least people, with only the original six of them gathered there. This was of course because of the fact that three of the most powerful bigshots from Xingle were sitting with them. If the normies sat together with them, wouldn’t they be crushed by the overwhelming pressure?

“Sister Su, the meat buns and omelets here are delicious!” Wen Jiexi complimented.

“I see.” Su Chenyu nodded and picked up the large pitcher of soy milk. She grabbed two small bowls and poured the soy milk into each one. She then placed one bowl in front of herself and then in front of Wen Jiexi.

“Thanks!” Wen Jiexi happily accepted with a smile and picked up the bowl to grab a sip. En, slightly sweet but freshly brewed soy milk! Delicious!