81

Ch.81- What surprise did Aunt give me?!!
“Why don’t you get up first….” Wan Anyi said with a sigh. If she was honest, her heart had ached when she heard Xue Molin’s words and she was filled with regret. Regret spilled into her heart for her rash decisions from back then. However, when she was at her lowest point and when her nerves were frayed from stress, the feeling of having a check being thrown in her face…..it had broken her.

She remembered when the check was torn with a crisp sound and then thrown into her face. The old man then sneered in her face and said 「I’m doing this for your own good. You should be grateful to me. This is a blessing you can’t even cultivate in eight lifetimes.」The rotten old man held himself with aloofness and then flared his nostrils arrogantly. He walked away with a smug smile and a knot formed in her heart against Xue Molin.

Xue Molin had come knocking at her door afterwards, but she ignored her. She didn’t answer any of her calls, text messages, and even blocked the other party. But Xue Molin would not give up.

Meanwhile, because of this incident, she had offended the Feng family and her entire career came falling down. The artists under her ran to other agents one by one, either to her opponents or people who simply don’t like her.

At the time, the only one left was Su Chenyu. Everyone believed this was the end of the legendary gold-star agent and the once undefeatable agent was on her last legs. They rubbed their hands in glee and prepared to take over Su Chenyu, her last artist and the youngest star with the most potential. Originally, she believed that this really was the end for her and it was all because of the Feng family. However, she didn’t regret her actions one bit. Anyhow, she had enough money saved up, enough that she couldn’t even consume it in her entire life time. If she can’t stay in China anymore, then she would simply go abroad. As for Su Chenyu, she will ask the company to make proper arrangements and take care of Su Chenyu for her. With Su Chenyu’s potential, she believed the company would not allow such a talent to be buried and forgotten.

However, just a few months later, things took a new turn. The pressure that once threatened to consume her no longer suppressed her anymore and she found herself returning to the peak of her career, to an even higher level than before. And from that Xue Molin’s words just now, it wasn’t hard to see that it was all because of her. The other party’s contribution to her revival is immeasurable….and maybe it really was all just a misunderstanding….

“If you don’t forgive me, then I won’t get up.” Our little friend Xue Molin, this devious drunkard, clearly felt the other party’s attitude softening in front of her and pounced on this opportunity. Her head is spinning and she’s already a mess on the floor, might as well try to squeeze every advantage out of this! Things have already reached this point, she will regret it if she doesn’t push just a little bit more!

“Get off the floor and come sit on the sofa. You look like a crazy woman right now.” Wang Anyi said helplessly.

“T-Then….are you willing to forgive me?” Xue Molin raised her head in surprise and observed Wang Anyu cautiously. However, when she saw Wang Anyi’s hesitant and somewhat complicated expression, her body withered and she began to roll around on the floor like a caterpillar.

“Alright, alright, I will forgive you for the time being. Will that work?” Wang Anyi rubbed her forehead and turned away. She will never admit that she was stunned with the cuteness of Xue Molin’s cute puppy-dog expression. Those usually seductive fox eyes have turned into cute little puppy-dog’s eyes. How annoying. Don’t you know that just makes me want to pat that cute head of yours?! Ugh!

While Wang Anyi was feeling conflicted inside her heart, she did not notice the flash of light in Xue Molin’s eyes. If Wang Anyi noticed, she would definitely throw Xue Molin out, because everytime Xue Molin flashed those eyes it meant…..