30

Chapter 30- An unexpected method of selection?!
The moment she walked in, she noticed there were many people in the room. It was different than when she walked into the classroom as there were more people, but also each person exuded an aura that could not be underestimated.

She swept her gaze around the room and saw that every single one of them were young women. Many of them had bronze skin that were full of toned muscles and strength. Wen Jiexi was probably the only one with such tender skin, thin arms, and a small body. She felt a little helpless at the fact. It wasn’t her fault that she had more strength than the others, exercised more too, but couldn’t develop any muscles. Standing next to these other stunt performers, she looked too weak to even stand up to the wind. [1] Her skin was also very pale, not like the stunt performers who had weathered through wind and rain, and looked perfectly like a rookie newcomer.

Wen Jiexi felt multiple gazes look her way but all of them turned away quickly and some even held a flash of contempt in their eyes. It seemed they did not regard Wen Jiexi as a worthwhile opponent. In the corners of the room, there were a few people who were different from the others, like Wen Jiexi. But unlike Wen Jiexi who wore nothing on her natural face, they wore thick makeup and two of them were even earring dresses with high heels. Did these people really come to audition for the role of the Right Protector?

Inside, there was another separate room that was isolated from the crowd. Was the audition going to be in there?

“There’s a lot of people.” Li Lingmeng whispered to Wen Jiexi as she huddled closer.

“Of course there are. There are always many actors or actresses but only a few roles. Not to mention, other than acting as a stunt double or an extra, there are not many roles suited for stunt performers. Therefore, with this special character, many stunt performers have come out to try and seize the role for themselves.” Wen Jiexi replied softly, blocking her face with her script.

Hopeful auditioners continued to flow into the room one after another and then after another ten minutes, a young man finally came out of the separate little room. Holding a roll of paper and knocking it against his palm from time to time, he smiled,

“I believe everyone is here to audition the role for the Right Protector, so I will not waste my time saying anything more. Please leave this room immediately after your audition and come into this tiny chamber behind me when your name is called. Alright, let’s begin. Number one: Ye Boxin.” The man’s eyes swept across the room and everyone turned around to see a woman with a strong physique walk into the chamber.

Wen Jiexi waited like everyone else and watched as Ye Boxin came back out after a while. However, she looked pale and yet calmly avoided the crowd as she left. So what the man said just now was to prevent the testing method from leaking out? Wen Jiexi thought to herself.

A few more people walked in and out. Like the first person, they all came out with strange expressions and then left just as quickly. There were no clues or hints the rest of them could use as reference and this caused the atmosphere to turn more and more grave. However, Wen Jiexi was different from the rest because she had a certain little ghost who liked to gossip but was invisible to everyone else. Wen Jiexi didn’t even have time to stop Dango before the little ghost scurried after the first person and watched the whole thing. Then Dango walked back and proceeded to chitter-chatter non-stop about what was going on inside the chamber.

This selection method….is really interesting…. Wen Jiexi stared at the script in her hands and laughed a little in her heart as she felt the entire thing was funny.

As the auditioners entered one after another, the atmosphere was graver than ever. After the fifteenth person, the atmosphere in the room fell to its lowest point and that was because…..