fourteen | the five

Out of all of the things that Annabelle had hated over the past one-thousand and nine years that she'd spent as a vampire, one of the many things that she hated most was whenever Klaus decided to snap her neck and take her wherever he pleased

And unfortunately for her, that just so happened to be the case because the moment that she had awoken, she found herself seated at the bar in the Mystic Grill with Klaus seated beside her with a smirk on his face as he lightly pushed a shot of bourbon in front of her.

After quickly grabbing the shot glass and downing the bourbon, she slammed the glass back onto the counter before she turned to Klaus and almost glared at him as her hands clenched into fists.

Before Klaus so much as had the chance to say something to her, she said, "Niklaus, I swear, you better have a damn good reason for snapping my neck like that."

He sighed as he drank some more of the scotch he had in his own glass before he said to her, "Take it easy, little sister. I figured that with you here, you could help me with an enemy we once shared centuries ago."

After blankly staring at him, she asked, "And which enemy would that be? In case you've forgotten, our family is known for gathering many enemies over the years, so if you could elaborate on which enemy you're speaking of, that would be great."

He replied, "All in due time, Annabelle."

Just as she was about to demand an answer from him, Klaus slid his glass of scotch over towards her and waved his hand as a mere invitation– one that Annabelle was about to ignore, only to stop when both siblings heard a clang, which had Annabelle reluctantly look away from Klaus and over towards where Rebekah and Matt were standing.

When Klaus also turned his head to watch the interaction between the two of them, Matt asked, "What's that?"

Rebekah told him, "The key to your new truck. It's parked outside, paid for, insured, everything but a big red bow."

Matt said to her, "If that's your idea of an apology, you should probably give it to Elena. She's the one that you killed."

While Annabelle only scoffed to herself and started to down the scotch, Klaus said to Rebekah, "You're trying too hard."

Instead of immediately responding, Rebekah turned her head and silently stared at Klaus and Annabelle for a couple of seconds before she said to Klaus, "Last I heard, you were leaving town– forever."

As he stood up from his seat and walked behind the bar, Klaus told her, "Well, I was. But then I thought to myself, how can I when my youngest sister, clearly so desperate for love and affection, is left here bribing the help."

Rebekah asked him, "What do you want, Nik? I thought I was dead to you."

Klaus told her, "Things change, Rebekah. I've stumbled upon something I think might be of interest to you and Annabelle."