four | 1912

While Annabelle and Kol walked through the abandoned home of a coven that Annabelle had once used before she was daggered in 1718, they could not only hear their own footsteps but also the cracks of skulls and other bones as they stepped onto skeletal bodies that lied around both the inside and outside of the beaten down home.

It wasn't until they were in the main room where Annabelle had once met with the coven leader that Annabelle came to an abrupt halt and looked around the room as she took in the sight of the dried-up blood spatters and scratch marks that were on the walls inside of the room.

After looking around the room and taking in the sight of skeletons that were either sitting in chairs or lying on the floors where there were also scratch marks, Kol asked her, "What happened here?"

She scoffed as she eyed the skeleton that was sitting in the tallest chair in the room before she asked him, "How the hell should I know? I haven't seen this coven since before I was daggered almost three-hundred years ago. I'm as clueless as you are."

Kol didn't respond and only watched as Annabelle ran her fingers along the dried-up trails of blood on the walls, along with staring at the blood that was also on the floor before she walked over to the skeleton that sat in the tallest chair.

After taking the dusty grimoire that lied on the table and shoving it into her coat, she turned her back on that one skeleton and left the room.

Kol hesitantly followed her before he asked her, "Annabelle, where are you going? Shouldn't you try and find out what happened here?"

She scoffed before she asked him, "Why would I care about what happened here? I only came here so that they could help me with finding our darling mother. I don't give a damn about what happened to them."

Kol sighed as he looked away from his sister and eyed the skeletons that were also pinned on the walls in the hallway that they were walking in before he quickly looked back at her when he heard the sound of a door slamming shut.

His eyebrows furrowed as he eyed the door that Annabelle was blankly staring at before Annabelle's name appeared on the door in blood.

Annabelle only raised an eyebrow at the mere sight of her own name before she sighed to herself.

She didn't have the time to see what made the dead witches want to keep her in their long, abandoned home.

Without saying a word, she kicked at the door, which made it fly off of its hinges and allow her and Kol to leave the beaten down home.

Kol slowly walked after Annabelle as he eyed the skeletons, whose heads were slowly turning to look at them, before the door suddenly flew back into the doorway and the windows had simultaneously shattered.

Annabelle only raised her eyebrows in response before she got into the vehicle.

She didn't even bother to pay Kol a glance as he eyed the now creaking home.

After he had also gotten into the vehicle, she shoved the key into the ignition and turned it before she reversed the car and drove off of the property.

While ignoring the sound of doors repeatedly opening and closing, Annabelle sighed as she said to herself, "Honestly, witches are so bloody dramatic. I can't stand them."

Kol only sighed in response as he looked in the side mirror and saw the pieces of the house that were flying off of it and into the yard.

* * *

After leaving yet another long, abandoned home, Annabelle groaned before she asked, "How many more of my allies had been killed while I was daggered?"

Kol sighed as he said to her, "I don't know, Annabelle."

While she chose to ignore yet another abnormality occurring after they had left the abandoned house, she turned to Kol and said to him, "You know, I wouldn't be surprised if our father was behind this. I mean, you know how much that bastard hated me. He would do something like this."

Kol replied, "Or perhaps it's an old enemy of yours that's decided to rid the world of any of your witch allies?"

Annabelle only blinked as she stared at Kol before she said to him, "Well, that's unfortunate. I have many enemies. That doesn't do much to narrow down the list of those who could have possibly been behind it."

Kol only raised his eyebrows with a sigh.

He didn't even bother to say anything more to her as she quickly drove off of the property.

* * *

After finding yet another abandoned home that was just filled with blood stains and skeletons hung on walls, Kol couldn't help but sigh as he watched Annabelle tear into the neck of a young man that she had grabbed when he was walking towards his car in the middle of the night.

He didn't know how many she had killed at this point, but it had to have been a decent amount of people because of the large pile of headless bodies that lied behind her and how much blood was practically covering her now.

It was only when her victim's head had rolled off of the young man's shoulders and landed on the asphalt that Kol asked her, "Annabelle, shouldn't you be out looking for your allies who weren't in covens?"

She sighed as she turned to look at him before she replied, "And how do you suggest that I do that? I mean, it's not like I can call them or anything. I have no idea of where I could even look for them. So why don't you tell me where I should start looking for them in order to find the descendants of those that I saved long before they were even born?"

Kol raised an eyebrow at her as he asked her, "So you're not even going to go looking for them?"

She shrugged as she replied, "What's the point? For all I know, they're probably over in Europe or wherever else in the world that they went to. If they really needed my help with something, they'd find a way to contact me. Until then, I'm going to kill as many people as I possibly can and use this time away from Nik and the others while I still can."

Kol only sighed before he said to her, "Very well. Which state do you plan on going to next?"

She was silent for a couple of seconds before she replied, "I have no idea."

Just as she was about to say something more to him, she suddenly stopped when she heard the steady heartbeat of another person that was walking nearby.

Without saying so much as another word to Kol, she sped away from the side street and left him alone to hear the sound of a woman's blood curdling scream and then silence.