forty six | an unblinking death

While the two werewolves continued to eye Annabelle, who was standing just beside Elijah with her arms crossed over her chest and her eyes narrowed, Elijah told them, "You're making a grave mistake

While the two werewolves continued to eye Annabelle, who was standing just beside Elijah with her arms crossed over her chest and her eyes narrowed, Elijah told them, "You're making a grave mistake."

Oliver replied, "So you're just worried about us. Is that it?"

While Annabelle slowly tilted her head and eyed Oliver, the other one said to Elijah, "Look, Elijah. Annabelle. We know all about your brother's reputation, but if there is even a chance that these rings can help us take control of our curse..."

In turn, Oliver said to the other werewolf, "Our gift."

Then the dark-haired werewolf looked back at Elijah as he said, "Then, honestly, we don't care what he's really after. Won't have to."

Elijah replied, "I see. Well, there are those in the Quarter who will consider this a great provocation."

Oliver retorted, "Apparently, most of them see us breathing the same way."

After looking away from the two werewolves, Elijah looked over at Hayley as he said to her, "You signed a pledge, and you looked me in the eye as you did so."

With a shake of her head, Hayley told him, "We don't want a fight, Elijah. We just want a better life."

Elijah replied, "Well, allegiance with our brother will guarantee you anything but that."

Oliver retorted, "And what, listening to you and the one they call the unstable Original is going to do us any good?"

After taking a step forward towards Oliver, Annabelle said to him, "I would mind my tongue if I were you, unless you would rather suddenly find yourself without one."

Just as Oliver was about to respond to her, he suddenly stopped when he heard the sound of a motorcycle approaching.

In turn, Jackson said as he turned to face the approaching noise, "What the hell?"

Not long after the five of them left the barn, they saw a man on a motorcycle stop just in front of one of the RVs.

And as the dark-haired werewolf started to make his way over towards the man, the man asked them, "Which one of you is in charge?"

The dark-haired werewolf replied, "Who's asking?"

Instead of responding, the man only smirked in response, which got Annabelle to start to tilt her head to the side, just as Elijah started to quickly move over towards the dark-haired werewolf.

It was then that an explosion came from the motorcycle, which resulted in Annabelle quickly moving as fast as she could to cover Hayley and her unborn child.

* * *

Not long after the explosion took place, Annabelle found herself practically lying on top of Hayley, who was staring up at the unstable Original with wide eyes.