fifty | rebirth

The second she entered the compound, Cami said, "Hello?" As she started to walk even further into the compound, she said, "Klaus?"

From where she stood on the second floor of the compound, Annabelle watched as Klaus appeared behind Cami, who put a hand at the back of her own neck and said, "Klaus."

But unfortunately for Cami, the moment she turned around, Klaus was gone and the only one standing on the same floor as her was Cami herself.

Then Annabelle watched as Cami made her way up the stairs and towards the second floor of the building before she stopped at the top of the stairs, while Klaus stood a little ways behind her and stared directly at the back of her head.

As she took a couple steps away from the staircase, Cami said, "Klaus, I know you're here somewhere. We need to talk."

It was then that Elijah said to her, "He doesn't wish to see you."

After gasping to herself, Cami said to him, "Elijah. Where the hell did you come from?"

As he started to walk towards Cami, Elijah replied, "I beg your pardon? Aren't you the one who is trespassing? He doesn't care for conversation these days. And he certainly wouldn't care that you put yourself in danger by coming here."

Cami told him, "I'm already in danger. I have Guerreras following me like it's a police state. The city's being run by gangsters and you guys aren't doing anything about it. Marcel took them out a hundred years ago without any of you. Don't you think he might be up for lending you a hand?"

After a couple seconds of silence, Elijah said to her, "Thank you for coming, Camille."

Not long after he stepped aside, Cami started to walk past him before she stopped herself and turned to him as she said, "I know your family is grieving. But I know you don't believe those rumors that Marcel killed the baby. So if you want help taking down the Guerreras... you have a weapon across the river just waiting to be fired. Use it."

After Cami turned her back on Elijah and started to walk away from him, she came to a halt when she saw Annabelle standing on the other side of the building and staring at her with narrowed eyes.

When it was quite obvious that Annabelle had no intentions to approach her, Cami shook her head and made her way down the stairs before eventually leaving the compound altogether.

It wasn't until she'd left the compound that Elijah said, "I like her spirit."

After taking a step forward and making it so he was standing beside Elijah, Klaus replied, "So do I."

* * *

With Elijah and Annabelle close behind him, Klaus told them as he entered a room in their home, "We have the Guerreras where we want them. We have them waiting, we have them worried and now we know they're an army with no defenses against an Original."