sixty seven | you hung the moon

After Jackson had left the two vampires to stand by themselves, Elijah said, "My darling Lucien, I'm quite happy to stand here and watch you die

After Jackson had left the two vampires to stand by themselves, Elijah said, "My darling Lucien, I'm quite happy to stand here and watch you die. Or you can invite me in." When Lucien only tilted his head in response, Elijah told him, "The choice is yours."

Not long after he said that, Elijah suddenly fell onto the floor face-first, which got Lucien to raise his eyebrows before he started to smirk to himself when he saw Annabelle Mikaelson standing right behind her now unconscious brother with her head tilted to the side and her eyes narrowed.

After taking a step forward, Lucien said to her, "You know, I did hear that you had returned, but I wasn't quite sure that the rumors were true. After all, you are a lot different from the vampire now than you were when I last saw you."

With a raise of her eyebrows, Annabelle replied, "As are you, Lucien. But you know what they say. Times really do change a person, for better or for worse."

With a nod of his head, Lucien said to her, "So they do." After glancing down at an unconscious Elijah, he asked her, "So, are you here for the same business as Elijah and his little runt? You're here to find out where this Hayley is?"

Annabelle told him, "I couldn't care less where Hayley's hiding. The only thing I care about is ruining my brothers any chance they have at making this city return to normalcy. That's all."

Lucien replied, "Now, why is that I wonder?" As he slowly started to walk towards the barrier at the front door, he said, "The Annabelle I once knew would have given up anything to ensure that her brothers were happy and were content with themselves."

With a shake of her head, Annabelle said, "Oh, that Annabelle died a long time ago, Lucien. And the one you knew was replaced by what others consider me as a psychopathic and murderous bitch that cares for no one but herself." After carelessly kicking Elijah aside and taking a step forward, she said to him, "But you're one of the few that doesn't think so. Isn't that right, Lucien?"

After glancing over at Elijah, who was now lying on the opposite end of the hallway, he told her, "If you think that snapping your dear brother's neck is going to grant you an invitation, then you have another thing coming, Annabelle. We might have been friends centuries ago, but that doesn't mean I won't trust that you won't suddenly side with your brothers the second some sort of hell breaks loose."

After forcing herself to chuckle, she replied, "That's where you're wrong, Lucien. I couldn't care less about what happens to any of them. After all, why would I when they didn't think it necessary to tell me that Kol was murdered yet again by my dearest brother Finn? As far as I'm concerned, my horrible excuse of a family could burn in hell for all I care." When Lucien only raised his eyebrows in response, she said to him with a grin plastered on her face, "Now, old friend, if you'll excuse me, I have a body to dispose of before he wakes up and tries to dagger me for snapping his neck."

The most Lucien did was raise his eyebrows even more as he watched Annabelle grab Elijah by the leg and carelessly drag him down the hallway and towards the flight of stairs that led towards the bottom of the building.

* * *

Not long after Davina entered the crypt and started to sob to herself, she suddenly stopped sobbing altogether when she heard a sigh from directly behind her.

Without turning around to look at whoever entered the crypt, she said, "I thought I told you that you weren't supposed to be in this cemetery."

Then she heard a voice reply, "Yes. So I've heard." While Davina's eyebrows furrowed as she listened to the voice become louder as the person went closer towards her, they said, "It's funny to find all the things that have changed during my time away."

After sighing to herself, Davina asked, "What are you doing here, Annabelle?"

Annabelle told her, "Well, I'm certainly not judging you for crying inside of a crypt of all places." When Davina only sighed in response, Annabelle placed a hand on Davina's shoulder and said to her, "I just came by to thank you for what you did. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have even learned of my brother's second murder at the hands of Finn. So I thank you for that, Davina."

Davina replied, "Yeah, well, I thought it was only fair that you know. After all, Kol told me lots about you and how you've always been so protective of each other and how you reacted when you saw him get killed two years ago." As she turned to look over at Annabelle, she told the unstable Original, "Besides, I didn't think it was right that none of them told you about what happened."

With a nod of her head, Annabelle said to her, "Yes, well, like I said, Davina Claire. I thank you for informing me of his murder."

Before Davina had the chance to respond, Annabelle had disappeared in front of her and just like that, the current Regent of the covens was by herself once more.