thirty five | fruit of the poisoned tree

While Elijah and Klaus read books of their very own and Klaus occasionally glanced up to look at Elijah, Annabelle grabbed the wrist of the dead girl and let her blood fall into her glass, just as Rebekah entered the room and looked between her th...

While Elijah and Klaus read books of their very own and Klaus occasionally glanced up to look at Elijah, Annabelle grabbed the wrist of the dead girl and let her blood fall into her glass, just as Rebekah entered the room and looked between her three siblings before she said to them, "So this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family-- vampire book club."

Klaus said to her, "Reading edifies the mind, sister." Then he glanced up at Elijah and asked, "Isn't that right, Elijah?"

Elijah replied, "Yes. That's quite right, Niklaus."

Rebekah as she gestured towards the dead girl lying on the table, "And what's this business?"

With a wave of his hand, Elijah told her, "This is a peace offering."

Klaus said to Rebekah, "I presumed, after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my big brother might be a bit peckish."

While he continued to read from his book, Elijah told Rebekah, "So I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought. I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition and personal growth, not this nonsense."

Klaus replied, "I couldn't very well let her go to waste, could I?" While Elijah glanced up from his book and looked over at Klaus, Klaus said, "Besides, at least someone in this room is actually putting her to use."

Then Rebekah and Elijah looked over at Annabelle, who had long forgotten the dead girl and was now drinking out of the blood that was now sloshing around inside of her glass, before they both looked back at Klaus, while Rebekah said, "Well, I suppose I'll fetch the rubbish bin because she's staining a two-hundred-year-old carpet."

While Elijah tilted his head and watched as the woman's blood dripped onto the carpet, Annabelle grabbed yet another glass and put it where the blood was falling to ensure that she would have some more blood until Rebekah decided to dispose of the body.

* * *

While Annabelle drank out of a blood bag that Rebekah had practically thrown at her, Rebekah said to Klaus, "Poetry about poisoned apples from dead trees. Looks like someone is worried about impending daddyhood."

After a couple seconds of silence, Klaus replied, "Nonsense. Elijah is back. In his presence, all problems turn to pixie dust and float away."

While Elijah entered the room, he said to them, "Strange, I don't recall any pixie dust from the darkness of the coffin I was recently forced to endure."

As Elijah turned a page in a book, Rebekah asked him, "What are you doing with Mother's spell book?"

Elijah told her, "Well, in exchange for my freedom, I promised the witch Davina that I would share a few pages from Mother's grimoire. It'll help her learn to control her magic. Thought we'd begin with a little unlinking spell."