forty nine | from a cradle to a grave

After throwing open the doors to the church, Elijah yelled, "Hayley!"

After taking a couple steps into the church, Elijah eventually came to a halt, which resulted in Annabelle, who was still quite pale from the werewolf venom, taking a step around him to see Klaus seated at the front of the church with Hayley in his arms.

While Annabelle simply kept standing there with furrowed eyebrows and a hand keeping her steady on one of the pews, Elijah said as he started to walk towards them, "No."

It wasn't until he'd gotten to them that Elijah had fallen onto his knees before he held a hand out towards her and lightly pressed it against the side of her face.

As Elijah started to lower his head from where he was knelt on the floor, Klaus told them, "She's gone." While Annabelle slowly started to make her way over towards them and Elijah forced himself to sit down, Klaus said as he looked between his two siblings, "You've been bitten."

After Klaus bit into his own wrist and held it out towards Elijah, seeing as how he was the one closest to him, Elijah did nothing but stare at Klaus, while Annabelle continued to try and get over to Hayley's body as fast as she could.

* * *

After laying Hayley down on the stage of the church, Elijah asked Klaus, "How?"

Klaus told him, "I was bested."

Elijah replied, "You were bested?" After turning around and making his way off of the stage, Elijah yelled, "You... were bested?! My invincible brother?"

After standing up in front of his two siblings, Klaus told them, "They took the baby, but there's still time. We can save her."

* * *

As they continued to walk through the cemetery, Elijah said, "The tombs are empty, the grounds are deserted. She's not here."

Klaus replied, "This is the only place they can be. We'll keep searching."

With a raise of his hand, Elijah said, "They are not here, Niklaus. We're wasting time."

As he turned to look at Elijah, Klaus said to him, "Their Harvest was here, the Reaping was here. They are about to perform a ritual which will feed their ancestors for centuries, ancestors who are buried here!" While Annabelle only sighed to herself in response to the situation they were currently in, Klaus pointed up at a single statue before he said to them, "This statue. We've passed by this three times all whilst going in the same direction."

After Elijah ran his fingers across a couple of the graves, he turned to his two siblings and told them, "They have fabricated some kind of illusion."

Not long after Klaus jumped up on top of one of the tombs and stared out ahead of himself, Klaus replied, "That's one word for it."