ninety nine | the kindness of strangers

After turning away from a blood-stained painting, Klaus asked, "Who's there?" When he didn't receive a response and only heard the sound of approaching footsteps, he yelled, "Show yourself!"

It was then that he heard a voice say from behind him, "Oh, Nik. Always so dramatic."

With a smile on his face, Klaus said, "Rebekah."

With a chuckle, Rebekah quickly made her way over towards Klaus before she and Klaus quickly wrapped their arms around each other.

It was then that they heard a sigh before they turned to their right to see Annabelle staring at them with an annoyed look on her face.

With a smile on her face, Rebekah said to her, "Hello, sister."

With a raise of her eyebrows, Annabelle replied, "Rebekah."

After eyeing her older sister, Rebekah finally looked down at the ring on Annabelle's finger before she said, "So it is true. After all this time, the two of you are now engaged to one another."

As she started to twiddle her thumbs together, Annabelle said, "Yes, I suppose we are."

Just as Klaus started to look between his two half-sisters with furrowed eyebrows, he suddenly stopped when a thud was heard.

The three of them turned their heads to see that standing in front of them was none other than Kol, who said with a sigh, "Bloody hell. My least favorite recurring nightmare." As soon as Annabelle started to laugh upon seeing Kol, Kol sighed before he said to her with a smile, "Hello, sister."

With her head tilted to the side, Annabelle said, "Hello, little brother." After eyeing him, she said, "Might I suggest you grab yourself a thing of clothing, whilst we're here? I think the last thing any of those that may appear later is to be scarred from seeing you like this."

With a scoff, Kol said, "Oh, shut up, Annabelle." When she only smiled in response, he told her, "And just know that I'm still quite upset that Joseph hadn't thought to ask for my blessing before he decided to propose to you."

With a raise of her eyebrows, Annabelle replied, "Well, to be fair, he didn't actually get the chance to propose to me. I happened to find the box he was keeping this ring in and said yes before he had the chance to ask me."

The most Kol did in response was chuckle to himself with a mere shake of his head, while Klaus and Rebekah looked between the twins with smiles on both of their faces.

* * *

As she went to open up a bottle, Rebekah said, "I was in Corsica, drowning my sorrows about Hayley, when I suddenly dropped." After scoffing to herself, she said as she turned to look at Klaus and Annabelle, "What I wouldn't give to spend just a decade without being dragged into a godforsaken Chambre de Chasse."