thirty four | sinners and saints

After he practically threw Sophie Deveraux into a chair, Klaus said to her, "We had a deal

After he practically threw Sophie Deveraux into a chair, Klaus said to her, "We had a deal. You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army, and whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches."

Sophie replied, "I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Hayley and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die."

Rebekah asked her, "Then who were they?"

Sophie told them, "They're a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby."

Klaus asked her, "What kind of vision?"

Sophie said to them, "She has them all the time. They're totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one."

Klaus asked as he leaned forward in his seat, "Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?"

After a couple seconds of silence, Sophie told him, "Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches."

While Annabelle only raised her eyebrows to herself in response, Klaus said, "Ah, well, I grow fonder of this child by the second."

It was then that Rebekah said, "Sophie, look. I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?"

Sophie asked them, "Elijah is talking to Davina?"

With a sigh, Annabelle asked, "Can we just get back on point here, so that you can tell us just how extreme this particular faction is?"

Just as Sophie looked over at Annabelle, Rebekah said to Sophie, "Yeah, as we speak, I imagine."

With a nod of her head, Sophie said, "I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd."

With a wave of his hands, Klaus said, "Do tell."

After a couple seconds of silence, Sophie told them, "I wasn't always an advocate for the witches. My sister was devoted like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned twenty-one, I left the Quarter to travel... and play, but I wanted to be a chef. So I came back to Rousseau's."

Rebekah asked her, "What the bloody hell is a Harvest?"

Sophie said to her, "It's a ritual our coven does every three centuries so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors. They keep our ancestral power flowing."

Klaus asked her, "And why haven't I heard of this?"

Sophie told him, "Because the Harvest always seemed like a myth, a story passed down through generations like Noah's Ark or the Buddha walking on water, the kind some people take literally and some people don't. They had the girls of our community preparing for months. Four would be chosen for the Harvest. They said that it was an honor, that they were special. I thought it was a myth."