seventy one | out of the easy

While Lucien went ahead and poured himself a glass, Tristan quickly walked past an unconscious Annabelle with a vase of flowers in his hand and headed over towards where Lucien was standing

After glancing over at Tristan, Lucien said to him, "Ah, flowers for me. You shouldn't have."

As he went to put the vase on a table, Tristan told him, "They're for the lady of the house. The well-mannered bring a gift when invited to dinner. I assume you brought nothing?"

With a glass in hand, Lucien replied, "Nothing but my deepest respect for you."

It was then that Klaus said as he quickly made his way into the room, "Lovely. We're all getting along."

Lucien retorted, "Like a fuse and a match."

Klaus asked them, "I take it Aurora is on her way?"

Not long after he said that, Aurora said as she made her way into the room, "I'm sorry I'm late. Just freshening up. I did want to look pretty." Then she glanced over at Annabelle, whose head was lolled to the side, before she asked, "Is that Annabelle I see over there?"

When Klaus only raised his eyebrows in response, Aurora turned her attention over towards Lucien as she said, "Well, well. If it isn't my old friend, Lucien."

After taking a couple steps towards her, Lucien replied, "Hello, Aurora. It's been ages. You look..."

It was then that Klaus said from behind Aurora, "You look ravishing."

Not long after Klaus kissed the back of Aurora's hand, Elijah said to them, "Welcome to our home. I do wish it was under better circumstances. We all face a common threat. A prophecy warning that my siblings and I would all fall within a year. I fear my youngest sister already has."

Tristan told him, "Only as a precautionary measure, I assure you."

Elijah replied, "Interesting. You see, I would've called it an entirely unnecessary measure." As he started to make his way over towards where Klaus was standing, he said, "We need to unite to prevent this prophecy from coming to pass. And since any alliance is impossible without honesty, let us begin this evening's proceedings by formally acknowledging your clandestine alliance."

After sighing to himself, Lucien said to Klaus and Elijah, "Now, gentlemen, before—"

In turn, Elijah said to him, "Shh, shh, shh, shh, shh, Lucien, please. Let's not ruin the dinner before it begins."

Then Klaus told them, "And do try to bear in mind, we expect an honest and productive negotiation this evening."

With a nod of his head, Tristan said, "Mm-hmm."

Then Elijah asked them, "Shall we begin?"

With a wave of his hand, the three of them started to make their way towards the table, only to stop when a sudden thud was heard, which got both Klaus and Elijah to turn their heads to see Annabelle's chair now lying on the floor with their sister heavily shaking with her veins on display.