eighty three | the bloody crown

Just as he started to make his way down the stairs, Elijah suddenly stopped when he saw Annabelle staring up at him with a blank look on her face and her arms crossed over her chest

After a couple seconds of just silently staring down at her, Elijah said to her, "Annabelle, you're here. I thought that—"

Annabelle told him, "The only reason I'm here is because Kol called me to come here. That's it. If it wasn't for him calling me here, I wouldn't have come and would have happily left you lot to suffer all on your own."

With a raise of his eyebrows, Elijah said to himself, "Right. My apologies."

While Annabelle only rolled her eyes to herself and Elijah went back to walking down the stairs, Kol said with a crossbow in hand, "Freya's tracking your former sirelings now, so it won't be long. Which works for me. I could use a good fight."

After both Elijah and Klaus had stopped at the table Annabelle and Kol were standing in front of, Elijah replied, "Well, we do have an advantage. No vampire may enter this stronghold so long as the deed remains in Freya's name."

With a scoff, Kol asked his two brothers, "So what? We hide in here while our enemies mass at the front gate?"

Klaus told him, "Well, if they're so determined to die at our hands, let them come."

* * *

The moment the four of them heard the sound of thudding and clattering, each of them quickly walked away from the table and into the next room to see a horde of vampires making their way into the compound from all sorts of angles.

While more and more vampires made their way into the compound, Annabelle silently eyed each of them with narrowed eyes and her head tilted to the side.

It wasn't until all the vampires stopped moving that they heard a voice say from behind them, "I never thought it would come to this." After the four of them turned around to see Marcel leading another group of vampires towards them, Marcel said to them, "But, as always, the Mikaelsons made my choice for me."

As soon as Marcel came to a halt and stared at the four of them, Klaus said, "Marcel. How?"

As he started to make his way around the other siblings before eventually stopping in front of Klaus, Marcel replied, "How are we in your home? I have friends who can nullify a deed, foreclose on a property, like that. Or did you mean, how am I not a rotting corpse?"

After a couple seconds of silence, Klaus said to him, "I thought my friend was dead, and yet here you are. So send these fools away, and let's talk. You and me."

After taking a step forward towards Klaus, Marcel asked him, "Is that relief I hear? Really? If I hadn't been one step ahead of you, I would be at the bottom of the river."