ninety | queen death

With a shake of his head, Marcel said, "You can come on in, Klaus

With a shake of his head, Marcel said, "You can come on in, Klaus."

Not long after he said that, the doors to the penthouse were pushed open and in came not only Klaus Mikaelson, but also Annabelle Mikaelson, Kai Parker and Dorothy Sullivan.

After eyeing the three additions to the group of people that were entering the penthouse, Marcel asked the four of them, "To what do I owe the displeasure?"

Klaus replied, "I thought we had a truce."

Marcel said to him, "We do. If we didn't, I might've responded differently when Davina asked me to sacrifice you."

Klaus asked him, "And does our truce extend to our brother, despite your extensive grievances?"

Marcel told him, "Well, yeah, I want to get Sofya back and stop the Hollow. As long as you guys want the same thing, I don't see why we can't play nice. Why? What's wrong?"

With a sigh, Klaus said to him as he gestured between himself and Annabelle, "Well, far be it from either of us to jump to conclusions, but the last time anyone saw our brother, he was on his way here to talk to you."

With a nod of his head, Marcel asked him, "And you think I have him? Seriously?"

While Annabelle and the two heretics waited for Klaus's response, Annabelle eyed the inside of the penthouse with her eyes narrowed and a scowl on her face.

And judging by just how angry Annabelle appeared to be, it didn't take much for the two heretics to realize that Annabelle was thinking about what happened the last time she was in the penthouse.

And while the two heretics shared a look with one another, Annabelle started to clench her hands into fists as images of the practical torment and torture she had endured just five years ago in the very same room quickly went through her mind.

After both of the heretics took a step closer to Annabelle, Klaus said to Marcel, "No, I don't. But I'd like to know who does."

* * *

After shoving his phone into his pocket, Klaus said with a sigh, "Freya informs me your mate Vincent has a plan. Just one tiny problem. I don't trust him."

Marcel replied, "Alright, Vincent helped me keep the peace for five years. He knows the Hollow's power, and he is our best shot at coming up with a plan."

Klaus retorted, "I have a plan of my own. We find this thing and its acolytes, we slaughter the lot of them. And then we stack their bodies into a monument dedicated to those who would threaten my family."

Under normal circumstances, Kai would simply chuckle in response, but due to how troubled Annabelle still looked and the fact that she kept looking around herself, as if she was expecting someone to suddenly appear in the room without her knowledge, Marcel said to Klaus, "Right, right. There's just one problem with that. One of those bodies would be Sofya, and I want her alive."