twenty nine | the originals

With her eyes narrowed and her head tilted to the side, Annabelle silently stared at Elijah, while Rebekah asked him, "New Orleans? What the hell is Klaus doing there?"

Elijah told her, "Evidently, there are witches conspiring against him. So, knowing our brother, this was a mission to silence and slaughter."

Rebekah replied, "Well, the French Quarter witches are not a lot to be trifled with. You don't suppose they've found a way to kill him once and for all, do you?"

While the glass in Annabelle's hand had immediately shattered upon hearing Rebekah's question, Elijah said, "Rebekah, in the name of our family you might try to dial down your glee."

Rebekah replied, "What family? We're four distrustful acquaintances who happen to share a bloodline. I, for one, hope they've found a way to make that traitorous bastard rot."

With a scoff, Annabelle crossed her arms over her chest and turned to look over at Rebekah, who asked Elijah, "Where are you going?"

As he started to walk towards the doorway of the room, Elijah told her, "To find out who's making a move against our brother." Once he stopped in the doorway, he said before he shook his head to himself, "And then, I'll either stop them or I'll help them. Depending on my mood."

It wasn't until Elijah was gone that Annabelle had got up out of her chair and also made her way out of the room, only to stop when Rebekah had asked her, "And where the hell are you going?"

With a scoff, Annabelle turned to Rebekah and asked her, "Why do you care about where I'm going? Last I checked, you and I are two of four distrustful acquaintances that happen to share a bloodline." When Rebekah's eyebrows furrowed, Annabelle tilted her head and asked, "Or did I simply mishear what you had just said to Elijah before he left for New Orleans?"

When Rebekah didn't respond to her words, Annabelle said, "That's what I thought."

Then Annabelle was gone.

* * *

While Annabelle sat in yet another chair with blood not only leaking onto the floor but also onto the chair that she was sitting in, Rebekah turned to Elijah and asked, "So that's it, I'm just supposed to pack up my things and leave for good? Forget my life here and my pursuit of the cure?"

Elijah said to Rebekah, "Oh, the cure was a fool's errand. I mean, taking it would've stripped you of everything you are. For what? More high school proms?"

Rebekah told him, "I wanted to be human. I wanted children and a family."

As he started to walk towards Rebekah, Elijah replied, "And I stand before you to offer you both."

Rebekah asked him, "And if I decide against you? A dagger in my heart and then back in a box?"

After a couple seconds of silence, Elijah said, "I've made my case. Your family needs you, both of you. And what choice you make right now is your own."

After another couple seconds of silence, Rebekah took a couple steps towards Elijah before she told him, "I owe him nothing. I wish him no joy. No love. I will stay here and live my life the way I want to, and if you're smart, I suggest you do the same."

As soon as Rebekah had walked out of the room and closed the door behind herself, Elijah turned to Annabelle and asked her, "And what say you, Annabelle? I know that you have no wish of being human ever again. So will you give up whatever is keeping you here and go to New Orleans and help Klaus and me?"

Annabelle slowly stood up from her seat and tilted her head as she stared at him.

After a couple seconds of silence, she sped towards him and stared up at him before she said, "My answer is no." Just as he was about to respond, she said, "And before you try to convince me otherwise, just remember that not only Kol but also Finn was murdered at the hands of Elena Gilbert and her friends. I'd like nothing more than to remain here and watch and wait until they all die from my plan that will no doubt happen soon enough. Whether it be this week, this year or I have to wait another decade doesn't matter to me. The only thing that matters is that they all pay for robbing us of our brothers in the ways that they had done before Rebekah and the murderers of our brothers had left for their search for the cure. As far as I'm concerned, Klaus and his desire to take control of the French Quarter once more means absolutely nothing to me. Nor does his wish to have an heir to pass his supposed rightful claim to his apparent throne to."

Just as she had started to walk past him, Elijah grabbed her arm and said to her, "But Annabelle—"

Annabelle ripped her arm out of his grasp and turned to him as she said, "But nothing, Elijah. In case you've forgotten, I have no control of myself when it comes to humans. What makes you think that I wouldn't just suddenly snap and kill the mother of our soon-to-be-niece because of one of my sudden fits of rage?" When Elijah only sighed in response to her words, she said, "Besides, in case you've forgotten, I'd murdered my own husband and children and remember absolutely nothing of it, despite it happening over a thousand years ago. What makes you think that I won't do the same to Klaus's unborn child?"

Just as Elijah was about to respond to her words, Annabelle raised a hand at him and said, "Just give me a call when you're finished with this fool's errand of yours. I'd much like to hear about Klaus's desperation and possible failure in gaining control of the French Quarter."

Then she too was gone.