eighty one | where nothing stays buried

1011, AD

1011, AD

After watching Annabelle frantically going around the village they were staying in for the time being and trying to find out just who was responsible for the murders of her husband and two children, Kol sighed to himself.

It had been ten years since Annabelle had blacked out and murdered her husband and two children.

He couldn't bear to see the sight of her being hopeful of finding the culprit for their deaths.

So being the good brother he was, he quickly sped towards her and grabbed her by the arm before he said, "Annabelle, you have to stop." When Annabelle didn't respond and simply attempted to break free of the grip he had on her, he said, "Constantly doing this, just as you've been doing this for the past ten years, is not good for you. You need to move on and take your mind off of it."

Annabelle replied, "I can't move on without knowing who murdered them." When Kol only sighed in response, she said, "You don't understand, Kol. Aside from you, Atticus was the greatest friend I ever had. He was the only one outside of our family that actually understood me and didn't use any actions or words I said against me. He cared for me and he loved me, just as I loved him and now he's dead. I have to do right by him and find the person who murdered him and our children. Odin was five years old, and Astrid was three. They were young, and they were my children. And I had been friends with Atticus and I had deeply cared for him ever since I was thirteen years old. I can't simply move on without knowing who had killed them, the only people that weren't a part of this family that made me feel truly happy. As my twin brother, you should understand that I can't just give up on them before I find out—"

With a sigh, Kol said, "Take a seat, Annabelle." After watching Annabelle hesitantly sit down, he said, "There's something I need to tell you, something I should have told you the day I found you practically surrounded by the bodies of your husband and children."

With furrowed eyebrows, Annabelle asked him, "What are you talking about, Kol?" When he didn't respond, she said, "Whatever it is, just know that you can tell me. I'll be able to handle whatever it is that you tell me."

Instead of answering her question, he asked her, "What do you remember about the day you found the headless bodies of your husband and two children?"

She told him, "I remember waking up at the cottage you and our siblings grew up in with this big and red stain covering my chest and whatever it was had bled through the dress I was wearing. I was disoriented and didn't know what happened, so I found myself walking back to the cottage where my husband, children and I were living. I guess I seemed to be out of it, because he asked me if I was okay. We said a few more words to one another and he walked back into our cottage. I attempted to go in after him, but I found myself unable to do that until he invited me inside of it. He seemed quite wary to be around me, seeing as how I wasn't acting like myself, so he told me to go lie down and he would make me this thing of soup I liked." With a sigh, she said, "Not long after he went to do just that, Odin saw me and noticed how I wasn't myself. I guess I had this odd look on my face because he went to Atticus and asked him if I was feeling okay. For whatever reason, I heard Atticus whispering to Odin about how I wasn't feeling well and just needed some space to get better."