sixty two | the downward spiral

While Damon broke into his mother's coffin and Annabelle continued to stare down at her phone as if she was silently demanding that Kol give into her wishes of actually getting back to her, Kai said from the entrance to the Salvatore crypt, "Can't...

While Damon broke into his mother's coffin and Annabelle continued to stare down at her phone as if she was silently demanding that Kol give into her wishes of actually getting back to her, Kai said from the entrance to the Salvatore crypt, "Can't believe Bonnie made it out." After Damon tossed the broken lock aside, Kai said, "Actually, I can. She's plucky."

After glancing over at Annabelle, who was still staring down at her phone and not bothering to cast a glance at either of the two men she was standing with, Kai asked Damon, "Hey, do you need help?" With a tilt of his head, Kai said to him, "Oh, before you answer that, I'd rather not. I just keep experiencing these pangs of guilt watching you. Feelings are hard."

While Annabelle only rolled her eyes in response, Damon replied, "So is the end of this crowbar."

Without even bothering to glance up from her phone, Annabelle said to Damon with a sigh, "Do that, and I will make you wish that you had stayed dead and you and your little friends hadn't manipulated Liv Parker into helping bring you all back to life before the Other Side's collapse."

While Damon only sighed to himself in response, Kai said to him, "I'm just saying, digging up Mommy's grave? It's dark, even for me. And totally unnecessary." After taking yet another step forward, he said, "Damon, Bonnie saw her alive in a 1903 prison world. It's on camera. You want to watch it again?"

After ripping the camera out of Kai's hands, Damon told him, "My mother died of consumption in 1858. We did not go to the trouble of moving this thing to the family crypt only to find out that she's not even in here."

With a sigh, Annabelle slowly made her way over towards where Kai was standing, while making a point of shoving her phone into her pocket.

After glancing over at Annabelle, who looked rather annoyed at this given moment, Kai asked Damon, "Oh, so you just-you just called us here because you needed friends?"

Damon replied, "Even if the world was about to end, I would never in my life consider Annabelle Mikaelson, the one vampire that's made my life and the lives of everyone in Mystic Falls a living hell, a friend."

After chuckling to himself in response, Kai said to him, "You know, you wanted to know if it was possible for her to exist in another prison world. To which I responded yes, to which you responded with denial."

With a sigh, Damon told him, "Whatever or whoever is on that tape— It's not her."

Kai asked him, "Then who is it?"

Damon replied, "I don't know. A ghost? Maybe she has an evil Gemini twin."

With a grin on his face, Kai said to himself, "Nice."

While Annabelle only rolled her eyes in response and swatted Kai's arm away from above her head, Damon told them, "If my mother was imprisoned in 1903, she'd be in her seventies."