one hundred | we have not long to love

16 years ago

16 years ago

After walking into a room to see Annabelle standing in front of a group of terrified people, Hayley asked her, "Hey, you're Annabelle, right?"

Instead of responding to Hayley, Annabelle remained silent as she stared at the young men and women that were quivering in front of her.

As their shaking had increased, a smirk started to make its way onto Annabelle's face.

Just as she was about to lunge towards one of them, she suddenly stopped when Hayley had suddenly grabbed her arm.

In response to Hayley's choice of grabbing her, Annabelle quickly turned around and grabbed Hayley by the front of her neck, which got Hayley to scratch Annabelle's hands in an attempt to break free from Annabelle's grasp.

While tilting her head, Annabelle said to her, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd say that this wasn't your plan on what would happen after grabbing me." When Hayley only started to dig her fingernails into Annabelle's hands, she asked Hayley, "But I am right, aren't I? I mean, let's be honest here. I don't think any sane individual would actually plan on this happening and then, when it would happen, decide to dig their fingernails into my hands."

Hayley remained silent as she stared down at Annabelle with wide eyes.

* * *

15 years ago

As she started to walk towards Hayley, Annabelle asked her, "Are you sure you're alright?"

With a nod of her head, Hayley replied, "Yes. I'm fine. Why do you even care?"

Annabelle told her, "Well, I would certainly hate it if my own niece or nephew was killed before they were even born because of your choice to break the curse that was put onto your apparent pack."

With a shake of her head, Hayley asked her, "But why?" When Annabelle didn't respond, Hayley said to her, "From what I heard, you killed your own husband and two children in cold blood."

As she watched Annabelle slowly narrow her eyes, Hayley asked her, "So why should I believe that you would want to go out of your way to protect my child?"

Annabelle replied, "Well, believe it or not, Hayley, but my killing them wasn't my choice. If it were up to me, they would still be alive."

Hayley asked her, "Then why are they dead, Annabelle?"

After hearing one of the wolves start to grow at her, Annabelle told Hayley with her veins on display, "Because of my mother. She saw to it that once I was turned into a vampire that I would be so overwhelmed by my own bloodlust that I would murder them and remember nothing of it. From what she said, she was doing it to protect me from something that would come and try to take my child."