eighty eight | high water and a devil's daughter

5 years ago

5 years ago

With his head tilted to the side and his eyes narrowed as he stared at Annabelle in a manner, as if expecting her to wake up at any moment, Lucien said with a sigh, "I'm fairly certain that the last time we saw one another, I had explicitly told you that you were not to leave until I said otherwise."

The most Van did was roll his eyes in response, which got Lucien to quickly turn his head and look over at the Regent as he said, "I hope the reason you chose to come here was not for you to simply roll your eyes at me, Van."

As he crossed his arms over his chest, Van asked with his head tilted to the side, "She's still not awake yet?"

With a raise of his eyebrows and a wave of his hand, Lucien replied, "Does she look awake to you, Van?"

With a shake of his head, Van said, "No. But then again, half the time you don't really look awake either, so..."

As he closed his eyes and let out a sigh, Lucien asked him, "Is the only reason you came here to insult me and roll your eyes at me, Van?"

Van replied, "No. I'm here because the Ancestors want a progress report on the spell you had me put on her."

With a wave of his hand, Lucien said as he went to fully stand back up, "Then by all means, Van. Spell away." Just as Van went to roll his eyes in response, Lucien told him, "And unless you would prefer to find yourself without your eyes in your sockets, I'd suggest you refrain from rolling your eyes at me ever again."

In response, Van did nothing but raise his eyebrows in response, which got Lucien to stare down at the Regent with a scowl on his face, while Van quickly made his way over towards the cage.

After finally reaching the cage, Van held both of his hands out in front of himself and started to mutter an incantation, while Lucien simply eyed him with narrowed eyes.

After keeping a close eye on Van for several long moments, Lucien finally brought his attention back over towards Annabelle and her unconscious form, just as Van told him, "Well, you have some good news and some bad news." When Lucien looked back at the Regent and only raised an eyebrow in response, Van said, "The good news is that the spell is in effect and has already taken root inside her head. And as for the bad news..."

With his arms now crossed over his chest, Lucien asked him, "Well, what's the bad news, Van?"

Van replied, "It's going to take a while before the spell actually starts to affect her the way you want it to."

With a sigh, Lucien asked him, "How long is 'a while', Van?"

Van told him, "About five years, maybe more."

With his head tilted to the side, Lucien replied, "Why so long?"

With a sigh, Van said to him, "Well, she is over a thousand years old and has a lot of memories to go through before it reaches that one truly traumatic memory of hers. You know, the one where she watched her brother die? It won't be until the spell actually reaches that one specific memory that it'll work like you want it to. Even if the spell reaches that memory of hers, it won't work on her until you die and until at least five years or so has gone by. And once it reaches that point and starts to actually work, then she'll get the full thing of her hearing your voice in her head and thinking she's going crazy just by seeing your face pretty much everywhere she goes."