seventy six | an old friend calls

With a sigh, both Annabelle and Joseph were standing beside Freya and Elijah, while Klaus told them, "It was him

With a sigh, both Annabelle and Joseph were standing beside Freya and Elijah, while Klaus told them, "It was him. It was Gaspar Cortez."

Freya replied, "I assume this is someone from your box of letters."

Klaus told her, "The youngest son of a particularly vile family of warlords I dealt with in the seventeenth century."

While Annabelle only sighed to herself in response, Elijah asked him, "Didn't they burn that Philistine pigsty to the ground?"

Klaus replied, "Pigsty? Belaga was my favorite artist's retreat. Someone had to pay for that so I murdered Gaspar's brute of a father."

With a nod of her head, Freya asked him, "And?"

Klaus said to her, "And one or two—"

Elijah said to him, "Five."

Klaus told her, "Five of his bloodthirsty brothers."

Elijah said to him, "Don't forget the mistress."

As he pointed his finger at Elijah, Klaus replied, "That was an accident."

While Joseph's eyebrows furrowed as he looked between the four siblings and Annabelle only rolled her eyes to herself, Elijah said, "The point is, that Gaspar was but a footnote."

Then Klaus told Freya, "Until he became a vampire, hell-bent on hunting me." While Annabelle pinched the bridge of her nose and started to shake her head to herself, Klaus said, "He's a cunning deviant, known to compel hordes of the helpless to aid him with his tasks. You see, this is exactly what I was concerned about. Devils of all kinds, crawling out of their crevices to strike at me."

Annabelle replied, "Well, perhaps if you hadn't left him alive and simply killed him, then you wouldn't have to be facing this current dilemma."

With a sigh, Klaus asked her, "Why the hell are you even here? Last I heard, you wanted nothing to do with any of us."

With a wave of her hand, Annabelle said to him, "That is exactly my question." Then she turned to Freya and asked her, "Why am I here, the current least favorite out of all of my siblings?"

With a sigh, Freya told Klaus, "Annabelle is here because she actually came out of hiding and helped us when you and Elijah were being held captive by the Strix."

Instead of responding, Klaus turned his head when he heard the sound of heels clicking from inside of the compound before he said to himself, "Speaking of which."

With a sigh, Annabelle watched as Klaus suddenly sped out of the room before she quickly went after him with Joseph close behind her.

Not long after Klaus had sped out of the room, he had Davina pinned to the wall, who did nothing but groan in response before he said to the young witch, "Rather foolish of you to come here alone."