thirty two | house of the rising son

After glancing back at Annabelle to make sure she was still unconscious, Rebekah got out of her car as she said into the phone, "Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me back to this godforsaken city, then well done

After glancing back at Annabelle to make sure she was still unconscious, Rebekah got out of her car as she said into the phone, "Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me back to this godforsaken city, then well done. I'm here, and I'm worried. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody door."

After ending the call, Rebekah opened the door to the home and entered the home before closing said door, just as a girl carrying a poker started to walk down the stairs as she asked Rebekah, "Who the hell are you?"

Rebekah said to her, "You must be the maid. My bags are in the car. Get them, will you? And while you do that, I'd be more than careful, seeing as how my temperamental sister Annabelle is still lying in the back of it with her neck snapped."

Despite how much she wanted to ask what the hell Annabelle was doing lying in the back of Rebekah's car with a snapped neck, the girl simply kept the question to herself as she replied, "Hello. Not the maid."

Rebekah said to her, "Right. You're that werewolf girl my brother Klaus knocked up. I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet. It's Hayley, isn't it?"

After she stopped in front of Rebekah, Hayley said to her, "You have your brother's manners."

Rebekah replied, "And his temper, too, so watch it. Where's Elijah?"

Hayley said to her, "Beats me. He's long gone."

Rebekah asked her, "What do you mean long gone?"

Hayley told her, "Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting me in this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decisions got me into, he was all poetic about how we're family, and then Klaus told me he bailed. Guess that's what I get for trusting a vampire."

Rebekah replied, "Elijah is not just any vampire. And he doesn't break promises, which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like." As she started to walk further into the house and entered another room in the house, she yelled, "Klaus, get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, your narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!"

Then Klaus opened a pair of doors as he said to her, "Enough with all the shouting." As he started to walk towards Rebekah, he said to her, "Little sister. I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing."

Rebekah told him, "They were very rude trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry. Were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right. You don't have any friends."

Klaus replied, "I do have friends. I have Marcel. You remember him, don't you?" While Rebekah remained silent, he said to her, "Yes, of course you do. He fancies himself the king of the Quarter now, and he has these rules about killing vampires. It will be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with for you."