thirty eight | the casket girls

Klaus said to Marcel and Annabelle, "You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to know the obvious

Klaus said to Marcel and Annabelle, "You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to know the obvious. Our secret weapon has escaped."

Marcel replied, "She wouldn't just leave. She knows the witches want her back."

It was then that Elijah entered the room and told them, "Her violin is missing. She may have left of her own volition."

Then Marcel turned to Elijah and asked him, "What did you say to her in the attic? She lied to my face so she could stay up there, thinking that you'd help control her magic. How do we know that you didn't take her?"

Elijah said to him, "I have no idea where Davina is or why she ran away. Can I suggest you take a step back?" As Marcel started to walk away from him, Elijah told him, "I can assure you, I have absolutely no desire to see that child come into harm's way. She's suffered enough with this Harvest Ritual nonsense."

Klaus replied, "That child to whom you refer so affectionately is the most powerful witch in New Orleans. If she's fled, what's to stop her from destroying us, in fact, destroying all we've worked for? No. If she's not a friend to this family, then she is our enemy."

Marcel said to him, "She is a friend, Klaus."

While Annabelle slowly tilted her head and started to eye Marcel, Klaus said to him, "Well, let's hope so. Lucky for you, I know how to get her back. Follow my lead."

After bringing Marcel to a halt, Elijah told him, "You know how Niklaus operates. If he perceives a threat, he can become quite ruthless. This would not bode well for Davina."

Marcel replied, "I'm not gonna let anybody lay a finger on her."

Elijah said to him, "Nor will I." Then he glanced over at Annabelle, who was quickly walking after Klaus, before he said, "Now, Annabelle, on the other hand..."

Marcel said to him, "I can handle Annabelle."

Elijah replied, "Can you, really?" When Marcel only nodded in response, Elijah told him, "Because based on my memory, the only person who could truly handle Annabelle has been dead for months now at the hands of a doppelganger and her brother. With Kol gone, there is no one that could truly handle her as well as he could. So tread carefully. Annabelle's quite known for her distrustful and hateful nature towards witches. With Davina being how she is, Annabelle wouldn't hesitate to kill her, if she saw so much as a single opportunity to do so."

* * *

While Klaus and Annabelle started to look around the street and through the large crowds of people, Marcel told Elijah, "Kieran is gonna call me first if he hears anything."

It was then that Klaus and Annabelle made their way over towards where the three of them were standing as Klaus said, "Ah, you two look rather crazy."