forty one | long way back from hell

The second Annabelle woke up, she found herself face-to-face with the same red-haired woman that attacked her the night before

With her veins now on display, she went to stand up from the chair she was sitting on, only to stop when she felt a stinging pain on not only her wrists, but also her ankles.

After letting out a groan, she went to move her head, only to let out yet another groan when she felt that same stinging pain on her own neck.

Annabelle glanced down to see ropes doused in vervain wrapped tightly around her neck, her wrists and her ankles.

WIth a scowl now on her face, Annabelle looked back up at the woman, who was staring down at her with her head tilted to the side, before she asked, "Where the hell is she?"

With a shake of her head, the woman replied, "Where is who?"

Annabelle said to her, "Rebekah. My sister. Where is she?"

After chuckling to herself, the woman said, "Wow. You wake up to find yourself bound to a chair by the means of ropes doused in vervain, and the first thing you ask is where Rebekah is?" When Annabelle didn't respond and only stared up at the woman with narrowed eyes, the woman said to her, "I mean, really, Annabelle. Shouldn't that be hurting you, even a little bit?"

When she still received no response from Annabelle, the woman told her, "You know, Annabelle, I have to say that I'm a little bit impressed. I mean, really. From what I heard, you're a murderous vampire who cares about no one but herself, but I think they have that part of you wrong. You do care about other people. You care about your family, even though from what I saw in your head while you were still unconscious, the only member of your family that cared about you as much as you do them was your brother Kol. And that just so happened to be the very same brother that you watched get killed months ago." As she went to crouch down in front of the unstable Original, she said, "Tell me something, Annabelle. How does it feel knowing that the only person in your family that actually cared about you is dead and that you're nothing more than a mere weapon to the rest of your family?"

Annabelle retorted, "Here's a better question. How would it feel if I were to, I don't know, tear into your throat and bring an abrupt end to whatever act of revenge you're trying to do for whatever horrible thing my sister has done?"

When the woman only sighed in response, Annabelle started to heavily shake, despite the stinging pain of the vervain burning her body that came from her movement.

The woman did nothing but cross her arms over her chest and watched just how much more her shaking was worsening, while also occasionally groaning from the pain of the vervain burning into her skin.

As the woman tilted her head, she said, "Each of your siblings responds to pain like any other person would, but you don't. Why is that?"

Annabelle replied, "You were the one that was inside my head. Why don't you tell me?"