ninety four | the feast of all sinners

While watching Dorothy and Joseph quietly talk to Annabelle, Kai picked up Annabelle's ringing phone and accepted the call before he said, "Kai Parker speaking

While watching Dorothy and Joseph quietly talk to Annabelle, Kai picked up Annabelle's ringing phone and accepted the call before he said, "Kai Parker speaking. Annabelle isn't available to talk right now. How can I help you?"

Not long after he said that, he heard a voice reply, "Kai? Where the hell is Annabelle?"

With furrowed eyebrows, Kai asked, "Ramona, what part of 'Annabelle isn't available to talk right now' are you just not understanding in that puny, little vampire brain of yours?"

After letting out a sigh, Rebekah replied, "You do realize that I could easily kill you for talking to me that way, right?"

Kai retorted, "And you do realize that I don't care, right?" When Rebekah didn't respond, he told her, "Besides, if you did, you'd be dealing with some people that would be really upset with you, if you actually did kill me."

After letting out yet another sigh, Rebekah asked him, "Where is Annabelle, Kai? I won't ask you again."

With a raise of his eyebrows, Kai said, "She's busy, so whatever sort of drama or hellish fight you're all in right now is gonna have to wait, because she can't exactly be bothered to help you right now."

With a scoff, Rebekah replied, "And why the hell not?"

With a scoff of his own, Kai told her, "Oh, man, I don't know. Maybe it's because Logan had Ivan put some spell on her five years ago, which had a bit of Logan put into her head and she had to deal with seeing an illusion of Logan for a week and having to deal with that almost made her go much crazier than she normally is. Plus, there's also the fact that it's only now that she's free from being tormented by that freaking piece of crap and has a calm and peaceful mind for once in her life."

After a couple seconds of silence, Rebekah asked him, "What the hell are you talking about? Who the hell is Logan and Ivan?"

With a sigh, Kai said, "And I rest my case." When Rebekah didn't respond, he said, "Like usual, no one in that family of yours, except for Kol, actually seems to notice when something's wrong or off with Annabelle."

Rebekah replied, "What? No, that isn't true. We would have noticed something, if—"

With an eyebrow raised, Kai asked her, "Would you really have noticed something, or would you have just assumed the worst and daggered her, just like you and Elias and Nikolai have done to her over a dozen times over the years?" Just as Rebekah was about to respond, he told her, "I feel as if Annabelle has been traumatized enough by your family, so whatever hellish drama you're dealing with is something you're going to have to deal with yourselves, because I am not dragging her into whatever sort of mess you're all dealing with."

With a sigh, Rebekah started to say to him, "Kai—"

As he pulled the phone away from his ear, he said to her, "Goodbye, Ramona."