twenty eight | american gothic

After spending her time tearing into the necks of just about anyone that she saw, Annabelle sped into the mansion that she and her siblings lived in and was headed towards where the bathroom was in order to rinse the blood off of her, only to stop...

After spending her time tearing into the necks of just about anyone that she saw, Annabelle sped into the mansion that she and her siblings lived in and was headed towards where the bathroom was in order to rinse the blood off of her, only to stop when she saw that someone was crouched on the floor inside of one of the rooms.

She immediately stopped moving and tilted her head before she slowly turned around and walked towards that one particular room.

Once she was standing outside of the room, she looked into the room and saw that Klaus was crouched on the floor with his arms wrapped around his legs and his head resting on the top of his legs.

After tilting her head some more, she started to take a couple of steps into the room, only to stop when Klaus had said to her, "No. I need more time. Just give me more time."

After scoffing to herself, she asked, "More time for what? To let the world know that you've finally managed to drive yourself even more mad than you usually are?"

Klaus quickly looked up at her and stared at her with narrowed eyes as he said, "Stop playing games with me. I know why you're here, Silas."

After she had blankly stared at him, she asked, "Silas? What the bloody hell makes you think that I'd be him?"

Klaus replied, "Why wouldn't I? You've already come in here and made me think you were Caroline." When Annabelle didn't respond to his words, he said to her, "You told me yourself that you could make yourself look like anyone I want."

After she scoffed to herself, she said, "Right. And tell me this, Klaus. Why the bloody hell would Silas make you want to see me?" When Klaus's eyebrows had furrowed, she told him, "I mean, I'm the very same person who's done nothing but give you grief for almost a thousand years. Why would he go out of his way to make himself look like someone who's done nothing but fight you for almost a thousand years?"

Just as Klaus was about to respond, he suddenly stopped when he heard Caroline say from outside the room, "I got your fifty bajillion messages. This better be life and death."

With a sigh, Annabelle rolled her eyes to herself, while Klaus said to Caroline, "Go away."

As her footsteps started to become louder, Caroline asked, "Klaus? Where are you?"

As soon as Caroline had stopped outside of one room and saw the two siblings– one of whom had her arms crossed over her chest as she occasionally rolled her eyes to herself and the other who was now sitting on the floor in nearly the same position that Annabelle had found him in– she asked, "What happened to you?"

As he scratched at his arm, Klaus said, "I need more time. Stop hounding me!"

With a raise of her eyebrows, Caroline took a couple of more steps into the room as she replied, "I'm hounding you? I am supposed to be running three different prom committees right now and you keep phone stalking me."