forty seven | a closer walk with thee

As Elijah went to pour some alcohol into a glass and Annabelle was taking a sip out of her own glass, Klaus said to them, "Seems rather uncivilized— to laugh and dance around the body of a loved one

As Elijah went to pour some alcohol into a glass and Annabelle was taking a sip out of her own glass, Klaus said to them, "Seems rather uncivilized— to laugh and dance around the body of a loved one."

As Elijah went to close the bottle he was using, he replied, "Yes. Far better to practice your process of grief, Niklaus. Denial, rage, and hoarding coffins in basements." While he turned to look over at Annabelle, he said, "Or in Annabelle's case, just going around and killing every single person in an entire city or village."

While Annabelle only rolled her eyes in response, Hayley went to sit at the same table as the Originals.

And not long after Hayley let out a sigh, Elijah said to her, "I will warn you, Hayley, Niklaus is in a spectacularly foul mood today."

Klaus replied, "Sod off."

With a wave of his hand, Elijah said to Hayley, "And the way Annabelle's been acting lately hasn't done much to help with the matter."

While Annabelle slowly turned her head to look over at Elijah with narrowed eyes, Hayley asked Klaus, "What's the deal with these moonlight rings? Oliver's trying to start a revolution every five seconds. People are scared, angry. And, frankly, I'm tired of stalling."

Klaus replied, "It's a day of peace, Hayley. Try and enjoy it. And in the meantime with all manner of unknown enemies conspiring against our family, you'll move back in with us."

In response, Hayley said to him, "Awesome. Then we can do that thing where you lock me in the tower, I escape, there's drama, and then the three of you realize that I'm very capable of looking after myself."

Klaus told her, "The rings are in progress. I will live up to my word. We will find and punish whoever launched the attack on the Bayou. And you will return to the compound for your own safety. But right now, I'm gonna finish this bottle... and the next in the hopes of drowning the demon that has chosen today to haunt me." With a raise of the bottle, Klaus said, "Cheers, Mikael. Impeccable Freudian timing."

After a couple seconds of silence, which involved both Annabelle and Elijah looking over at their brother with furrowed eyebrows, Elijah said to him, "Elaborate." After yet another couple seconds of silence, Elijah asked him, "Have you dreamt of our father?"

In turn, Klaus said to him, "Go ahead. Have a good laugh."

Elijah told him, "I can assure you there isn't a piece of this that I find even remotely amusing, Niklaus, especially considering I've been dreaming of him, too."

Before Klaus had the chance to respond, Annabelle said to Klaus, "I have as well."

While looking between his two siblings, Klaus said in a whisper, "What?"

Elijah told him, "If you and Annabelle are also seeing him..." Then he looked away from the table and over at Genevieve, who had just entered the bar, before he said to his two siblings, "Perhaps our elusive, unknown enemy is orchestrating a further attack."