nineteen | o come, all ye faithful

While Annabelle repeatedly tapped her fingers against her own leg and ignored Klaus as he attempted to make conversation with her and was in the midst of finishing his work on a painting of his own, Stefan slowly walked through the mansion

And as he walked through the mansion, he couldn't help but notice just how frantically Annabelle was tapping her leg.

As soon as he had stopped walking and simply stared at her, Annabelle slowly looked up at Stefan with narrowed eyes and her veins on display.

It was only when it looked like Annabelle would try to attack him that he quickly walked over towards where Klaus was painting before he said to the Original Hybrid, "Looks like a giant snowflake."

Klaus replied, "I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event."

While Klaus took a couple of steps towards Stefan, a hybrid entered the room and asked Klaus, "You said it was urgent?"

Klaus told him, "Yes. Take this to the Mystic Grill immediately."

The hybrid asked him, "You want me to be a delivery guy?"

As he slowly walked towards the hybrid, Klaus replied, "What I want is for you to do whatever I say, without the attitude." After the hybrid had nodded his head and walked over to the painting, Klaus said, "Be careful with that. It's still wet."

While the hybrid exited the room and walked past an irritated Annabelle, whose veins were still on display as she stared after the hybrid, Stefan said to Klaus, "Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know."

Klaus replied, "What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labor?" When Stefan only chuckled to himself as he looked down at the floor, Klaus asked him, "What are you doing here?"

As he walked even further into the room, Stefan told him, "Elena is sired to Damon."

Klaus said to him, "I intuited as much."

While Annabelle simply snorted to herself before she went back to tapping her fingers against her own leg, Stefan said to Klaus, "Which means I need to find the cure now more than ever, and yet here you are making postmodern snowflakes."

Klaus told him, "I've delivered." As he walked away from Stefan and over towards a towel– with which he used to clean off his hands– he said, "I retrieved the Hunter's sword from Italy, which we'll use to decipher the map hidden in the Hunter's mark. You're the one who's supposed to deliver the Hunter and his mark."

Stefan replied, "Well, Jeremy is the Hunter, and he has to keep killing vampires to complete his mark, but we can't quite figure out how to keep him from killing us."

Klaus said to him, "Sounds like quite the chore, which is why I feel perfectly justified in doing a little charity work."

Stefan retorted, "Hmm. Or maybe you're lying about having found the sword."