sixteen | we all go a little mad sometimes

With her arms crossed over her chest, Annabelle watched as Klaus practically dragged Elena into a windowless room with an arm wrapped around her neck

It wasn't until Klaus and Elena had entered the room that Elena yelled, "Let go of me!"

As he removed his arm from around her neck, Klaus replied, "Certainly." While Elena looked around the inside of the room, he said, "I apologize for the lack of windows. It's to preserve the art. And, of course, to prevent you from taking off your daylight ring and burning yourself to death in the sun."

With a scoff, Elena said to him, "I'm not going to kill myself. I would never do that."

Klaus replied, "Oh, but you'll want to. I did. Problem is, I'm immortal."

Elena asked him, "You went through this?"

Klaus told her, "Yes, I did. For fifty-two years, four months and nine days. I was tormented in my dreams. My every waking moment. Relentless, never-ending torture. It was the only period of my life where I actually felt time."

Elena said to him, "So you knew that this would happen if Connor died. That's why you got involved. Did Stefan know, too?"

Klaus told her, "All he knew was that the Hunter had to be kept alive." As he walked towards Elena, he said, "You should have listened to him when he said he had it covered, love."

Elena asked him, "What else does Stefan know?"

Klaus replied, "Well, that's one of life's little mysteries, isn't it?"

While Klaus started to walk away from her, Elena asked, "How did you make it stop?"

With a sigh, Klaus turned around and said, "I didn't. Eventually it just stopped." After a couple seconds of silence, he told her, "The hallucinations tend to appear in strange forms."

After Klaus had knocked on the door and the door opened to reveal Annabelle standing on the other side of it with her arms crossed over her chest, Klaus said to Elena, "Don't say I didn't warn you."

When Elena only stared at the two siblings, Annabelle plastered a smile on her face and mockingly waved at Elena as she said, "I'll see you around, darling."

Just when Elena had started to run towards the door, the door was shut just as quickly as it was opened, which left Annabelle to eye the hybrid who opened the door as she and Klaus walked away from the closed room.

* * *

For the first time in her three-hundred and eight years of life, Annabelle started to consider that she should resume her game, despite her not playing it since they fled from Spain.

And not to mention the fact that she vowed that she would never play it again after finding out that her boyfriend at the time was apparently murdered by her own father, shortly before she was daggered and her other siblings had already fled from Spain.