twenty three | into the wild

While Klaus silently stared at Kol's burnt body, Annabelle kept going to each and every one of the barriers before she repeatedly hit her fists against them.

She didn't care that Elena and almost all of her friends were long gone.

The only thing that she cared about was getting the hell out of the Gilbert household and killing as many people as she wanted before eventually killing Elena and her friends the moment that they returned with the cure for vampirism.

To her, it didn't matter if doing so would just end in her own demise.

The only thing that truly mattered was that both Elena and Jeremy would be killed for what they'd done to Kol.

And while she thought of all the horrid things that she'd do to them as she repeatedly threw herself against the barriers, the front door opened and in came Tyler Lockwood, who said to Klaus, "Morning, sunshine. You look pathetic."

Klaus replied, "Only until Bonnie's spell locking us in here wears off. Then I'll look different." After slowly turning around to look at Tyler, he said, "Angrier, perhaps. Or I won't look like anything 'cause I'll have gouged your eyeballs from their sockets."

Tyler told him, "My friends will be back with the cure by then. So, I could shove it down your throat and make you mortal."

Klaus said to him, "I'm an Original. What makes you think my entire vampire bloodline won't be cured along with me? I.e., you."

Tyler replied, "You know what I think?" After taking a couple of steps towards Klaus, he said, "I think that's impossible. I think the moment you stop being a vampire, our whole blood connection to you is broken and your sire-line ceases to exist. So, whatever happens to you, happens only to you. Which means I can kill your ass and no one else has to die. Although, I am still debating just how to do it."

While Annabelle started to heavily shake as she nearly glared at Tyler, Klaus quickly sped over toward Tyler and said to him, "I recommend drowning. There's nothing quite like the feeling of someone fighting for something as basic as human breath. And let me tell you, your mother was a fighter."

Just as Tyler was about to respond, Annabelle had also sped towards him and– after she came to a halt in front of him– said to him, "Even if you do succeed in doing just that, just know that you'll still have one more Original coming after you." When Tyler's eyebrows furrowed, she said, "In case you're too dense to realize just who I'm talking about, the Original that I'm talking about is myself. And after watching my own twin brother get killed in front of me, I think you can imagine just how angry I would be if you were to actually succeed in killing Klaus. So, I'd watch my tongue, if I were you. If you don't, then you just might be the first person that I come after the second that I'm able to leave this cursed home."

* * *

While Annabelle silently watched Tyler with narrowed eyes as he went through the cupboards in the kitchen, Caroline entered the home through the back door before she said to Tyler, "You're still here? What are you doing?"