forty three | farewell to storyville

While Annabelle made a point of stepping in front of Rebekah with her head still tilted to the side, Elijah said to Rebekah, "Walk away

While Annabelle made a point of stepping in front of Rebekah with her head still tilted to the side, Elijah said to Rebekah, "Walk away."

In turn, Klaus yelled, "Don't move!"

After stepping in front of Rebekah as well, Elijah said to her, "Leave us now."

Rebekah replied, "I can't. I'm stuck here." As soon as Klaus started to raise the white oak stake towards her, she said, "Elijah, he has a white oak stick."

Klaus told her, "I brought it for you, sister."

Just as Klaus started to walk towards them, Elijah said to Rebekeah, "Get out of his sight. Your presence here only serves to anger him. Leave him to me now. Take Annabelle with you."

It was then that both Annabelle and Rebekah sped away from their two brothers and Annabelle decided to see to it that she protect her sister, even if it meant that she lost her life in the process.

* * *

While Annabelle stood near the entrance of one of the tombs and stood beside Rebekah as she watched Elijah still do everything he could to protect Rebekah from Klaus's wrath, Marcel said to Rebekah, "Do whatever it takes. Just stay alive. I promise you, I'll get you out of there."

Rebekah told him, "I've never seen him like this before. He's out of his mind with rage, up all night howling one obscenity-laced tirade after the next. He's gonna kill me."

Marcel replied, "Alright. Stay as far away from him as you can."

As she walked even further into the tomb, Rebekah retorted, "Oh, that's a brilliant strategy, but, given that that death bitch Celeste has trapped us in here till moonrise, my options are somewhat limited."

Marcel told her, "I'm not leaving you in there. Davina will find a loophole, get you out early. Then we can all go together. If Klaus comes after us, we will take him on one hell of a ride."

Rebekah said to him, "I lived for centuries looking over my shoulder, ready to run at a moment's notice. Am I to go back to that?"

Marcel replied, "Worry about that later. Right now, just buy me some time. I promise you, I'll get you out of there."

* * *

Elijah said to Klaus, "You've been at this for hours. To what end? Niklaus, I know you, and I grew up fighting you. I can't be beaten, nor can I be persuaded. You cannot get past me."

Klaus replied, "I could get past you, although it might have to be over your dead body. You did stab me with that blade, forcing me to endure hours of unspeakable pain. Perhaps I should direct my rage toward you."

After watching Klaus raise the white oak stake towards him, Elijah told him, "You should see yourself— the murderous expression, the self-righteous posturing. You look like Father."