forty eight | the battle of new orleans

Not long after Klaus had answered his phone, he said into it, "Yes, brother? What is it?"

Elijah told him, "It appears our wolves have gone astray, brother."

Hayley said to Annabelle and Elijah, "They should've been back hours ago."

With a finger raised, Elijah said, "We need to find them."

Klaus replied, "Well, that might be a bit tricky. You see, we've located their car on a back road in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they've been shanghaied."

Elijah asked him, "And you didn't feel the need to share this information?"

Klaus told him, "It was my intention to present the two of you with the problem only after I'd found an appropriate solution."

While Annabelle only sighed in response, Elijah said to him, "Well, do enlighten us."

Klaus replied, "I'm closing in on it as we speak. The only person who would be bold enough to snatch my wolf allies is the one who has the most to lose."

In turn, Elijah said, "Marcel."

It was then that Hayley said, "No. He'll kill them."

Klaus told him, "Genevieve assures me that Marcel has procured a cloaking spell. The only witch who will aid Marcel is Davina. I just need to get one last bit of leverage before I pay her a visit." After a couple seconds of silence, Klaus said, "And there it is."

* * *

After the cloth was removed from the top of the werewolf's head, Klaus said, "Accolades to Marcel. He did quite a dance across the bridge of your nose. Where is he now?"

While Annabelle stood beside Klaus with her arms crossed over her chest and an eyebrow raised as she eyed the werewolf, Elijah said, "Nowhere to be found..." After removing the lid to a crate, he told his two siblings, "Although he did leave us a delightful parting gift."

Then Klaus asked the werewolf, "What about the stones?"

The werewolf replied, "I don't know. Untie me. I'll help you find them."

With a shrug of her shoulders, Annabelle said, "Or we could just leave you here to die because of your incapability to complete a single task of bringing us the stones."

While the werewolf looked over at Annabelle with narrowed eyes, Elijah said to him, "Sit still. You'll be freed as soon as it's safe."

While Elijah went to safely get the werewolf out of the chair, Klaus and Annabelle went around the room to see if there were any more explosives left anywhere else in the room.

After Klaus threw open a lid to one of the crates, he said to Elijah, "Our focus should be the stones. Considering Jack is competition for Hayley's affection, I think you'd agree."