fifty four | wheel inside the wheel

While looking between a bloodied Annabelle and Klaus, who was currently washing his hands free of blood, Hayley said to them, "Oh, I see your interrogation went well

While looking between a bloodied Annabelle and Klaus, who was currently washing his hands free of blood, Hayley said to them, "Oh, I see your interrogation went well."

Klaus replied, "It turns out these witches are delicate creatures. No matter. As suspected, our mother has Elijah captive."

Hayley said to him, "Great. Let's go find them."

Klaus told her, "Esther is too powerful. She won't easily be found. We need to draw her out."

Just as he went to close a pair of doors, Hayley said to him, "Wait. Where are you going?"

Klaus replied, "I'm going to change my shirt. And then I'm gonna find our brother."

Hayley said to him, "Klaus, let me come with you."

After taking a couple steps towards her, Klaus said, "I know you want to help, Hayley, but you can't. Our mother is wretched. She will target you in order to thwart me. And I can't very well save Elijah if I'm busy saving you... can I?"

Hayley asked him, "And what about Annabelle? If you're going to save Elijah all by yourself, then what's Annabelle going to do?"

With a nod of his head, Klaus told her, "Annabelle will be hanging around you and making sure you don't cause any form of mischief while I'm gone."

Before Hayley had the chance to respond, Klaus closed the doors in front of her face once more after watching Annabelle make her way over towards Hayley with a smile on her face and blood covering the entire front of her body.

* * *

As she went to head down the stairs, Gia said, "I did like you said. Kept a low profile. Went all over the city. There's no sign of Elijah anywhere."

Marcel replied, "Yeah, the humans I know said the same thing. Maybe Klaus is having better luck."

It was then that Hayley said as she started to walk towards the two of them with Annabelle close behind her, "No. He's not, which sucks, considering how low the bar is around here. Listen. You two up for a rescue mission?"

Gia asked Hayley, "Are we going after Elijah?"

Hayley told her, "Nope. That's all Klaus. I'm talking about Oliver. He and Elijah were fighting the werewolves together. I heard that Oliver's been captured, and he's about to be executed. Now, look, if we can save Oliver, then we might be able to find out where Elijah is."

Marcel replied, "Okay. So, what do you want from us?"

Hayley said to him, "Just a little distraction. Esther's son Finn, he's the one that's controlling the werewolves. If you can keep him out of the way, I can go get Ollie myself."

Not long after she turned around and started to walk away from them, Marcel appeared in front of Hayley and said to her, "You can't take on all those wolves by yourself. You'll get killed. Then I'll get killed for letting it happen."