sixty four | i'll wed you in the golden summertime

With a smile on his face, Alaric said as Damon and Elena made their way onto the stage, "And so?"

Damon told him, "Looks like I'm joining the human club. It's a big night for both of us."

Alaric said to him, "I'm proud of you."

Damon replied, "You too, buddy."

Not long after he said that, everyone in the crowd turned their heads to see Joshua Parker leading his daughter Jo down the aisle with a rather proud look on his face.

It wouldn't be until Jo had actually gotten onto the stage that Joshua made his way away from the happy couple and over towards his own seat, while Jo and Alaric simply smiled at one another.

While Joshua went to sit beside Liv, the reverend said to the attendees, "Welcome family and friends on this magical evening to the wedding of Alaric Saltzman and Josette Laughlin. Josette and Alaric have prepared their own vows."

Not long after she said that, Jo handed her flowers over to Elena, who accepted them with a nod of her head and a smile on her face, before she brought her attention back over towards Alaric.

* * *

Alaric told Jo, "Neither one of us should be here right now. We've spent our lives dodging fate and beating the odds. But because we did, I got to meet you... the most beautiful... hilarious and intimidatingly brilliant woman I have ever known. You inspire me. You've shown me that happiness is actually something that I can have in my life. And so..." After glancing down at the ring in his hand, he said to her, "I promise to be with you... and love you... and to dodge fate with you for the rest of our lives."

It wasn't until Alaric had put the ring on Jo's finger that a single tear rolled down the side of her face before she chuckled to herself as she continued to smile at Alaric.

Then the reverend said, "Josette?"

As she went to wipe her eye with the back of her hand, Jo said, "Oh, God. That's a tough act to follow." After everyone in the room started to laugh in response, Jo said, "Well, here goes. Alaric Saltzman... you are—"

Then Jo raised her head and started to groan to herself, which got Alaric to quietly ask her, "Jo? What is it?" After looking down at the blood that was starting to form in the front of her, he said, "Jo— Oh, my God. Jo?"

While Jo continued to groan to herself, Alaric said, "Oh, God, no."

As she went to fall forward, Jo yelled, "No!"

While he went to catch Jo and prevent her from falling, Alaric said, "No, no, no."

It wasn't until Alaric was on his knees on the stage that suddenly both Kai Parker and Annabelle Mikaelson appeared on the stage, which got Elena to back away from the two of them with a gasp.

While Annabelle slowly turned her head to look over at Damon with narrowed eyes and her veins on display, Alaric yelled, "Oh, my God! No, no, no. Jo."

While he stared down at his bloodied sister, Kai told them, "I was gonna wait till the 'death do us part' bit, but it seemed a little on the nose."

After looking away from Kai and Annabelle, Alaric said, "No."

Then Kai turned to the crowd and asked them, "Am I right?"

Just as Joshua went to stand from his seat, Kai thrust forward his arm, which resulted in the crowd, along with Damon and Elena, to start screaming from their seats while clutching the sides of their heads.

While Annabelle merely clenched her jaw from the pain, the rest of the people in the room continued to scream as Kai asked them, "Miss me?" When the most they did was scream in response, he said, "No? Oh, well."

After slowly raising his hand that held the knife, he swung it forward, which resulted in the glass in the room to start to break, the chandelier to fall and Elena to let out a groan as she was thrown forward.

And the most Annabelle did was smirk to herself as she stared down at an unconscious Elena, while slowly starting to chuckle to herself at the mere thought of all the people she could kill that night.