sixty | the day i tried to live

With a sigh, Annabelle said, "What I don't get is why the hell Avalon Sullivan would choose to be with Kai Parker of all people

With a sigh, Annabelle said, "What I don't get is why the hell Avalon Sullivan would choose to be with Kai Parker of all people." When Dorothy did nothing but sigh in response, Annabelle said, "I mean, why him? Kai Parker has got to be the most infuriating man I have ever met in my whole entire life."

With a scoff, Dorothy replied, "How the hell should I know? They met back when they were kids, long before I was even thought of. And according to Mom, they seemed to hit it off at the very start. I mean, sure, he didn't care about her and seemed to like the idea of having her around and doing whatever the hell he wanted, but she didn't seem to care. Which is why I need you to not tell anyone about this. Not even Kol."

After chuckling to herself, Annabelle said to her, "I seriously doubt that my own twin brother would be interested in how you came to be or even who your parents are when he has his very own witch that he practically has wrapped around his own finger." While Dorothy only sighed in response, Annabelle said, "Besides, based on what Kol's told me, he seems to actually care for Davina Claire, while your father doesn't even care for your mother in the slightest bit. So that's a bit different, I suppose."

Just as Dorothy was about to respond, she suddenly stopped when she heard a voice ask from behind her, "Hey, what are you two talking about?"

While Dorothy simply flinched the moment she heard her father speak from directly behind the two of them, Annabelle asked with a roll of her eyes, "What the hell do you want from us, Kai?"

As he went to place his hand against his own chest, Kai replied with a feigned gasp, "Is that any way to speak to your one and only friend, dearest Annie?"

With a scowl on her face, Annabelle said, "It's Annabelle."

As he went to wrap his arms around both Annabelle and Dorothy, Kai replied, "Sure it is." While he looked between the two of them, he said to them, "But seriously, though. What were you two ladies talking about?"

Instead of responding, Annabelle shrugged his arm off of her shoulder before she threw her elbow back into his chest, which got him to let out a groan and to stumble back away from his daughter and Annabelle.

While Annabelle quickly walked away from the two witches with her hands clenched into fists and a scowl on her face, Kai stopped beside Dorothy and stared after Annabelle as he asked his daughter, "What the hell is her problem?" When Dorothy didn't respond, Kai turned to her and said, "Hmm?"

With a wave of her hand, Dorothy quickly started to walk after Annabelle as she replied, "I-It's just Annabelle for you. She gets pissed off easily and gets violent whenever someone starts to annoy her, which in this case happens to be because of you."

As he quickly went to catch up with Dorothy, Kai asked her, "What, she doesn't like being given nicknames or something?" After seeing the way Dorothy had looked over at him, he said, "I guess she doesn't. Duly noted."