sixty three | a bird in a gilded cage

While still chewing on a piece of the food he was holding, Kai said to Bonnie, "You want the 1903 Ascendant

While still chewing on a piece of the food he was holding, Kai said to Bonnie, "You want the 1903 Ascendant." When Bonnie only silently stared at him in response, he said to her, "Oh, sure, just let me reach in my pocket and pull it out."

After glancing over at Annabelle, who was keeping a close eye on both Bonnie and Kai, Bonnie told him, "If you're sincerely looking for a way to make up for the hell that you put me through, this is it."

Kai replied, "Okay, the problem is, the Gemini kept the existence of the 1903 prison world a secret for generations. So to find the key to that particular jail cell, I'd have to navigate ancient texts, undo layers of magical cloaking spells and..." After a couple seconds of silence, Kai said in a whisper, "Wait. Oh, that's weird."

After pulling the Ascendant out of his coat, Kai simply chuckled to himself, while Bonnie looked as if she was completely done with him at that very moment.

With a grin on his face, Kai said to her, "It was in my pocket." When Bonnie simply stared at him with a blank look on her face in response to his actions, he told her, "When Damon told me about Mama Salvatore, I started looking. And if I wanted to, I could get her out. And newly minted leader of the Gemini Coven and all, I don't even need a celestial event to zap us there."

Bonnie replied, "Okay, so, what's the catch?"

He told her, "I'll go if you go." When Bonnie didn't respond, he said to her, "Come on, it could be fun. You know, 1903, the-the Gilded Age."

As he went to take a bite out of the piece of food once more, Kai asked her, "You ever dream about time travel?"

With a nod of her head, Bonnie said to him, "I would rather die of cholera than spend an afternoon with you."

As he went about picking at the food on his plate, Kai told her, "You're way more likely to die at the hands of your gal pal Caroline." After glancing over at Annabelle, he said, "Or even Annabelle, for that matter."

While Bonnie simply blinked at him, he asked her, "Did you know that she still hates you for that whole business of you apparently trapping her and one of her brothers in your pal Elena's house after she watched another one of her brothers die in front of her?" Before Bonnie had the chance to respond, he said to her, "I mean, really. Just how many brothers does she even have?"

After glancing over at Annabelle once more and seeing the look she was currently giving him, Kai chuckled to himself before he said to Bonnie, "But back on your gal pal Caroline, I think that if she did kill you, it'd be over something stupid, like she stops doing laundry and you make some snippy comment, and she snips off your tongue. I mean, if only there were some way to reunite her with her humanity."

After silently staring at him, Bonnie sighed before she told him, "If I do this, and that's a big if, I need two things from you." When Kai only waved his hand in response, she said, "The first being that you take Annabelle, too. The last thing I need is to come back from the prison world and hear that she went about killing half the town while I was gone."