sixty one | let her go

While Jo was hunched over the toilet, Alaric asked her, "You sure you don't want me to hold your hair back or something?"

Jo replied, "Stay away from me. This is gross. We haven't been dating long enough for you to see gross."

Alaric told her, "I have guilt. The vegan dish I made fun of did you in."

Jo said to him, "I'm dying. Stupid Thai food. Never again."

Then she let out another groan before she started to throw up inside of the toilet, while Alaric said to her, "You know, maybe we should just skip the funeral."

Jo replied, "We're going."

It was then that the sound of the doorbell ringing was heard, which got Alaric to make his way over towards the door and Jo to simply groan to herself from inside of the bathroom.

As soon as Alaric opened the door to find Kai Parker and Annabelle Mikaelson standing on the other side of the door, while Dorothy Sullivan tried to keep herself up on her feet by leaning on Annabelle, which resulted in the unstable Original to keep an arm wrapped around the young witch, he couldn't help but to eye them with narrowed eyes, while Kai said to him, "Hey." Just as Alaric started to close the door in their faces, Kai said, "Wait, wait, wait."

While Alaric started to open the door once more, Kai said to him, "Look, I know you hate me, but I really, really need to see my sister."

With a nod of his head, Alaric replied, "I think she'll pass."

Not long after he said that, Jo asked Kai with her arms crossed over her chest, "What are you doing here?" Then she looked past Kai and over at Annabelle, who was silently staring down at her phone as she kept trying to get a hold of Kol with a frown on her face, before she asked him, "And why the hell do you have her and some teenage girl with you?"

While Dorothy only mouthed 'ouch' in response before letting out a harsh cough, Kai pushed the door open even more before he told Jo, "I called to tell you I was sick and you-you hung up on me."

Jo replied, "Because I have food poisoning." As she took a couple more steps into the room, she asked him, "Did the sound of me vomiting on the other end of the line not clue you in?"

After sighing to himself, Kai said to her, "Look, there's an issue that I've been worried about since the merge... because we didn't really do it right. You know, the whole: 'You're not my twin. Hey, that's okay, close enough' plan. But it worked, which is, you know, cool. Hey, I'm even a bit nice now, in case you were wondering." While Alaric only nodded his head in response, Kai said, "But I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop. And, well, I think it's dropped. Because I'm—"

After letting out a groan, Kai asked them, "Where's the bathroom?"

While the two of them only stared at him in silence, Kai proceeded to start throwing up blood, which got Jo to say, "Oh, God. Ric."